You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Why won't my PSP charge?

User Info: duality48

duality48
1 month ago#1
It is a modded PSP 3000 that I bought from someone off OfferUp. It is actually the second one from him as I had one originally, the red one, but had to exchange him for this because one kept crashing.

Anyways, he informed me that it will not in fact charge like normal. Instead, he sent me away with a battery charger and a spare battery, instructing me to swap out the battery every time one gets low. However, I'm unsure how effective that will be, seeing as I'd have to shut off the console every couple of hours.

I tried ordering a $5 PSP charger from eBay, but to no avail. The orange light would not turn on no matter how firm and secure the plug actually was.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I keep swapping out the batteries whenever I can, but every time I put a fresh one in it would only have 2 bars and read at like %49 capacity. When the battery is in the charger plugged into the outlet, there is an orange light indicating that it is charging. However, when left unattended, this light never goes off. So another question of mine would be why won't these spare battery ever hold a full charge?

Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem with their PSP not charging and was able to find a viable solution? If so, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!
-Eric

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
1 month ago#2
The charging port is dirty or damaged. You could try picking the dirt/lint out of the port with a toothpick or even replacing the port if that's something you think you are up to.
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Why won't my PSP charge?