2 months ago #2
    Hook up the PSP via a correct cable; doesn't have to be official - i use my PS3 charge cable which is a generic brand. Scroll across to "Settings" on the PSP and select "USB Connection", it's the first option in the list. Your computer should then make the "device connected" noise and the PSP will be in "This PC" as a removable disk.
    There is an auto-detection USB option in the menu but it's never worked for me, it's just one click though so hardly extraneous. (PSP 3000)

I'm using Win 8.1 though, i refuse to upgrade to Win10 again as it's got shockingly bad support for anything older than 3 years.
    If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

Previous Versions
    2 months ago
    Hook up the PSP via a correct cable; doesn't have to be official - i use my PS3 charge cable which is a generic brand. Scroll across to "Settings" on the PSP and select "USB Connection", it's the first option in the list. Your computer should then make the "device connected" noise and the PSP will be in "This PC" as a removable disk.

I'm using Win 8.1 though, i refuse to upgrade to Win10 again as it's got shockingly bad support for anything older than 3 years.