You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Best currently available battery for PSP 3000 that will not swell?

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
1 month ago#1
I have a PSP 3000 (or 3001) as it actually says on the model number (its a black PSP) and of course the battery swelled and popped out of it. This device does have a removable battery and it does operate when plugged in without a battery. Where can I get a decent replacement battery for this that won't have a problem or won't have significantly degraded battery life (like 30 min). Its fine if it doesn't last exactly as long as the original as I won't be leaving the house much with the PSP.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
1 month ago#2
They all swell. The original ones are the best.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
1 month ago#3
sanjeust posted...

The original ones seem to swell even if they are in the package unused due to age. So that is not an option. Either that or they will swell shortly after being used a few times. I don't think they have been manufactured for a long time.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
1 month ago#4
SaraAB87 posted...
sanjeust posted...

The original ones seem to swell even if they are in the package unused due to age. So that is not an option. Either that or they will swell shortly after being used a few times. I don't think they have been manufactured for a long time.

I think you're out of luck, but I had a PSP for a lot of years, and the battery never swelled or even began to swell.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

User Info: rstewart00

rstewart00
4 weeks ago#5
SaraAB87 posted...
sanjeust posted...

must be a u problem since i have never heard, got a used 3000 years ago and except for the battery not keepin a charge no issue, if u cant live without a battery go to a battery store and see if they have one, if that to much work try a random battery off amazon

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
4 weeks ago#6
Are PSP batteries cheap? Like can I just make a mini collection to replace them every few years?

Also, how long do they take to swell? I haven't used my PSP in... about a month? give or take, haha.

Any pointers on how to keep it from swelling as long as possible and also how to dispose of one if it should swell?
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
3 weeks ago#7
I would think this has more to do with climate rather than usage. I've never had a battery swell in any device and didn't even know it was a thing until i read posts like this on the internet. I don't live in a hot country.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

sanjeust
3 weeks ago#8
I have three originals, and I swap them around. It has kept them healthy.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
6 days ago#9
with those types of batteries you need to regularly recharge them and use them. I keep mine at about 50% charge then every half a year recharge and play a few psp games
Rand Paul 2016

sanjeust
6 days ago#10
Yeah, I circle through them with some regularity.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Best currently available battery for PSP 3000 that will not swell?