You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What games do you wish were localized?

User Info: ArtistofLegacy

ArtistofLegacy
4 weeks ago#11
Tag Force 3 wasn't localized for NA because 4Kids never dubbed Season 4. It's beyond me why it was brought to EU though. Likewise, Tag Force 6 covered the events that 4Kids didn't bother to dub either.

As for what games I wanted localized... Fate/Extra CCC for one. Most of Imageepoch's games really.
Frontier Gate Boost+
Busou Shinki Battle Masters mk2
Lord of Apocalypse
Nayuta no Kiseki
Shining Blade/Ark
Grand Knights History
All of the Tales games (I think we only got 2?)
Kurohyou series
Tears to Tiara series
Venus and Braves
Waiting for Dungeon Travelers 2-2 to come West.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 weeks ago#12
Zettai zetsumei toshi 3
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy
3 weeks ago#13
IQ Mania
XI Coliseum
any of the puyo puyo games
The only certain death in the universe is Mother Hitton's Littul Kittons.
Not changing this line until I beat Seven Heroes (2/24/07) - Fulfilled 2/20/18

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 weeks ago#14
That Hunter x Hunter one.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: ABXYLR

ABXYLR
3 weeks ago#15
Mr Crispy posted...
IQ Mania
XI Coliseum
any of the puyo puyo games

Would you count Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine as a localization? Also, Puyo Puyo Tetris.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!" - Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 1997

Mr Crispy
3 weeks ago#16
Mean Bean Machine is kind of weird and offputting for some reason I can't quite put my finger on... I find Kirby's Avalanche easier to stomach for some reason even though it's so much pure crystallized american box art kirby. Well, Puyo Puyo 1 is basically obsolete garbage compared to Puyo Puyo 2 anyway so it doesn't really matter what version you play.

With Fever 1 and 2, 15th and 20th anniversary, and 7 all on the psp, it's a shame that none of them were picked up for a US release since it would probably be less text than an rpg and have a chance at a wider audience. Even though I'm not particularly super fond of the anniversary games, 7, or PPT because they rely too heavily on gimmick modes and think the presentation looks kind of cheap so I'd probably prefer to just play a quick runthrough of arcade mode in 2 or fever (even though fever cheats kind of blatantly in arcade mode and I'm not good at fever or puyo in general honestly). Also I don't like Poochie I mean Ringo. >_>

and while I say that I'm still glad that PPT got localized, even after I imported it because I didn't think it would ever get localized. <_<

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 weeks ago#17
Do the PSP Puyo Pop games have anything the GBA ones (which did get localized) don't?
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

Mr Crispy
3 weeks ago#18
well, the one just called 'puyo pop' was sort of a spinoff that just has the basic 2 ruleset, with maybe a couple of minor gimmicks. and there was a port of Fever, but it was only released in europe I think.

PSP has ports of fever 1 and 2 (and fever 1 got localized in europe too, apparently).

The anniversary games have returning characters from past games the option of playing with the ruleset from the first game (no offset/double rotation), the second (offset/double rotation), and fever along with adding some gimmick modes like having garbage pieces being ice that melts after a few more pieces or the screen is dark except for what is in the searchlight. though a lot of these aren't necessarily much fun or balanced very well (some of them like the spotlight ended up in PPT as interference modes so...). there's a roulette in story mode to select which one you get, at least in 15th (it was ditched in 20th I think, but I haven't played that one) which is kind of annoying but not necessarily difficult to select which one you get. there's also a lot of practice drills covering strategy in tutorial mode too.

7 has quick drop and a transformation gimmick replacing fever mode, with oversized and half sized pieces (which got included as separate endless modes in later titles). it has a story mode focusing on ringo and the new characters over the older ones like PPT, and its stages are set up more like PPT.

User Info: JoshyGoodtime

JoshyGoodtime
3 weeks ago#19
I REALLY wish Kenka Bancho Bros, Kenka Bancho 4 & 5, The Last Ranker, and the Yakuza games were localized. Especially the Kenka Bancho games, I'm playing Badass Rumble right now, and its so funny, charming, and great. Those Japanese only PSP games look SO good, it makes me bummed that so many great looking games were never available in English for the USA homies, *sigh* I can always fantasize I guess.

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
2 weeks ago#20
Archer48 posted...
Nayuta no kiseki. There is a fan translation but it's really bad

Did you play the final release? v4.15? I started with 4.14, then upgraded after ~25 hours, and honestly I thought it was a near-professional job even at 4.14. All the dialogue and descriptions were in fluid and coherent English, at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What games do you wish were localized?