You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Aside from home, where can I go to get Wifi compatible with a PSP?

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
4 weeks ago#1
Are there any businesses left like McDonalds with free wifi that is compatible with this handheld? My house's family computer is off limits.
Hello, I like video games and comedies. Let's be friends. :)

User Info: jucj52

jucj52
4 weeks ago#2
Unless they have theirs unprotected(no password) than you're SOL, new routers don't support the old technology that the PSP has, you'd have to have WiFi with no password, and a different format I forget which, I did it with my WiFi to download my games, but it's risky to keep it unprotected.
PS4: NBA 2K19 Spider-Man Madden 19 NHL 19 SotTR NSW: BoTW SMO LA Noire DOOM NBA 2K19 MM11 Skyrim RE:REV1+2, XC2+Torna FIFA 19 Splat2 XB1: WWE 2k19 PC: Madden 19

User Info: ave1

ave1
4 weeks ago#3
Got connected today at Wal-Mart. No security program running with that Wifi.
I have a new sig and this is it.

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
4 weeks ago#4
You can get a cheap USB wifi adapter that supports the PSP and use it anywhere you have access to a computer and the internet.

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
4 weeks ago#5
I usually use my phone as a hotspot. probably faster to transfer from a ps3 if you have one though
Now playing: PSO2, KH:BBS, Battle of Olympus, LoZ: MM, Torneko:The Last Hope
Last games bear:FF7 CC, FFV Advance, M&L:SSS, Super Castlevania IV, Paper Mario

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
4 weeks ago#6
minchew91 posted...
I usually use my phone as a hotspot. probably faster to transfer from a ps3 if you have one though

This is what I eventually ended up doing. I turned off my hotspot security and downloaded the update.
Hello, I like video games and comedies. Let's be friends. :)

User Info: 2R7

2R7
2 weeks ago#7
Now that the PSN store is closed on the PSP. The best way is to use a PS3, as the charge cable for the controller, is the same as the USB connection on the PSP...
SEGA does what Nintendont
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Aside from home, where can I go to get Wifi compatible with a PSP?