You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What are you playing 2019

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
4 weeks ago#51
GeekyDad posted...
OlorinTheOtaku posted...

What's TO stand for?

Tactics Ogre

I was never impressed by Final Fantasy Tactics, and it's why I've been so hesitant on playing the game, even though I've had it for years.

BarbaricAvatar posted...

There seems to be a trend of PSP racing games being painfully easy though, here it's not as bad as in Motorstorm but it's still a bit yawnsome through lack of challenge occassionally.

Perhaps you should try Colin Mcrae or WRC.
https://i.imgtc.com/5RRImV1.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
4 weeks ago#52
Burnout, Midnight Club, and Pursuit Force games provide a good challenge don't they? and Juiced Eliminator

I'm currently playing Test Drive Unlimited and it is pretty easy, the car clubs are basically cakewalks. You pretty much have to go to a race event and pick hard in order to get any challenge. The speed camera challenges can be tricky though. but I'm loving the game nonetheless. (It's one of the first PSP games I ever played, so it's been a long time. I'm glad I decided to revisit it. In a way it's even better than I remembered.)

NFS ProStreet and Carbon are admittedly easy. But what about Underground Rivals.

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
4 weeks ago#53
final_lap posted...
Burnout, Midnight Club

Which ones? I have Dominator and L.A Remix, and while the latter was a fair challenge at times, the former was pretty easy, although I never did complete the whole game.

final_lap posted...
Juiced Eliminator

The car handling made this game more of a challenge than anything else.

final_lap posted...
Pursuit Force

Yeah, but it's not a pure racing game.
https://i.imgtc.com/5RRImV1.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Anti_FANBOY

Anti_FANBOY
4 weeks ago#54
Crisis core, Tenchu shadow assassins, dbz another road. Also trying to 100% (or was that 105?) Crash bandicoot 2.
"The child is a prodigy, the teen is a genius, and the ordinary is the 20 yr. old"

User Info: El_Dustino

El_Dustino
2 weeks ago#55
To the people who played it, how is Obscure: The Aftermath for the PSP compared to the other versions? I just found my PSP after years and am thinking of looking for some cheap games.
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
2 weeks ago#56
A few more testers:

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood Trade-in
More grrr. Same issues as with the first game, chiefly the lack of jump adjustability. You can either jump straight up or all the way forward; you cannot jump and then move a little to the left, nor can you control the length of jump with how long you hold the jump button. It's something one takes for granted in other platformers but when it's missing it really affects ones enjoyment. Also it's not as funny as the first game and the voices aren't quite as good. I wanted to like these games but they let me down. *sadface*

The Eye of Judgement: Legends Trade-in
This was a "blind" pickup so i wasn't expecting much. It's a strategic trading card game where you take turns against the computer drawing and playing cards on a 3x3 board. Winner is the first player to occupy 5 of the 9 squares. It's got some ridiculous convoluted background story involving stupidly named factions based on (yawn) the four elements and a totally generic and unorginal anime art style. I'm hit or miss when it comes to collectible card games and this one's a miss for me. Gameplay didn't conjure any excitement and the storyboard cutscenes are long and unskippable. Well, you can skip them but then it skips the battle too and goes straight into the next cutscene. Dumb.

Daxter Keep
Didn't need to play this one for long. Gorgeous-looking toon action adventure in the Jak universe. Typical platforming interspersed with action and comedy. Much what i expected and look forward to giving it a proper play through.

Carol Vorderman's Sudoku Keep
Yep, it's Sudoku. Always been bemused at Vorder's association as she's closely associated with maths and Sudoku's got nothing whatsoever to do with maths. Nonetheless, i enjoy the puzzles and even though there's not much more than 20mins fun at a time, it's still a good way of winding down at the end of a day. Annoying programming error though where it won't let you quit the game using the PS button, you have to execute a full shutdown in order to switch the damn game off. Other than this it's fine.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
2 weeks ago#57
PSP Obscure Aftermath was my first Obscure game i was playing couple of years ago. Its pretty good in my opinion

El_Dustino posted...
To the people who played it, how is Obscure: The Aftermath for the PSP compared to the other versions? I just found my PSP after years and am thinking of looking for some cheap games.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
2 weeks ago#58
BarbaricAvatar posted...
There seems to be a trend of PSP racing games being painfully easy though, here it's not as bad as in Motorstorm but it's still a bit yawnsome through lack of challenge occassionally.

Try Gran Turismo. Bloody things hard as a frozen faucet.

--

I've started playing Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce again. The games so fun, why did I ever stop? According to my last save from a few months ago, I only played it about four hours last time. Very good action RPG, and very good action game just in general too.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
2 weeks ago#59
The story in Eye of Judgment was pretty cool imo and the artwork is excellent. Also what do you mean skipping the cutscenes skips the battle too? I have to doubt that is the case, since that would mean you could skip the whole game.

p.s. Obscure on PSP is the only one I've tried in the series, but it was incredibly bad imo. It's so bad it might as well be satire but it's not really clear if the devs intended it. Either way the game was not fun, I get stuck repeatedly, and the framerate gets really choppy during spats against multiple monsters, and the (intentionally?) bad voice acting is annoying and takes me right out of the experience.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
2 weeks ago#60
OlorinTheOtaku posted...
BarbaricAvatar posted...

Try Gran Turismo. Bloody things hard as a frozen faucet.

lol No it's not! Like GT5+6, most events only require one or two attempts to get gold's. The difficulty level was dragged right down from the 7th generation onwards to satisfy the weak who can't handle having to practice to be good. Also GTPSP was developed in tandem with GT5 which harmed the quality of both games: GTPSP should have been an independent handheld title, not a supplement to "big brother". I wouldn't have minded if you could unlock exclusive cars using the PSP for use on the PS3 but you can't, GTPSP has nothing that GT5 doesn't have.
And despite the dual-development the only connection benefit they have is a tedious system for using GTPSP to make cars available in GT5's arcade mode.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What are you playing 2019