GameFAQs is currently in Read-Only mode. All content is available, but you cannot log in, submit new posts or content, or make any other changes at this time
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Best model of PSP to get?

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
4 weeks ago#31
loeher182 posted...
KingzJuster posted...
loeher182 posted...
Not to troll but... the Vita. I've retired my PSP thanks to the Vita. It helps that the games I loved in my library are available on the PSN though...

I still roll with both. Vita's buttons are terrible for fighting games (too small), so I mainly use PSP for that.

On topic, PSP 3000 is definitely the best. I had my old silver 3000 model for 12 years and only just bought a new blue one from Japan a few weeks ago. Still play fighting games on it almost every day.

But the D-pad on the Vita is god-tier. I love playing SF3 A max on the thing

D-pad is decent, but the buttons are far too small, and I don't even have big hands like that.

...and duuuuuddddeeeeee, Alpha 3 Max is the main game I play all the time!! :o
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
2 weeks ago#32
loeher182 posted...
Not to troll but... the Vita. I've retired my PSP thanks to the Vita. It helps that the games I loved in my library are available on the PSN though...

Mostly this, except I play the Vita TV. So convenient to just go all-digital and play everything like I would a console (I mainly get portable systems for exclusives, not so much for playing on the go). Shame that the memory card's ass, but I've managed by storing my downloads on my PS3's harddrive. However, I still keep my PSP 3000 around (with TV output, of course) for the few physical-only games I have (I'd really like to know what the hell Bamco was thinking when they released Madoka Magica Portable exclusively on UMD in 2012).

BTW, I'm just now hearing that the PSP Go was able to connect to the PS3's controller. Is the 3000 capable of this in any way?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 week ago#33
Yamato_san posted...
BTW, I'm just now hearing that the PSP Go was able to connect to the PS3's controller. Is the 3000 capable of this in any way?

I think the 3000 has some sort of connectivity with the PS3, not sure if you can use it as a DS3 controller like the Go though. IIRC that's one of the PSP Go's only selling point over the other models, the other one being its screen that doesn't suffer from interlacing like the 3000's screen does.

TC, I only have the 3000 model, so I can't give you a 100% accurate assessment of the others. However, I know from reading dancer's posts what the pros and cons of each are. Speaking of which, I'm surprised she hasn't posted yet. She'd probably recommend either the 3000 or the Go. I'd personally get a 3000. First PSP I got, and despite everyone saying it has a flimsy build quality, my first one has lasted me roughly 7 years and all the buttons and other functions still work fine. I was so impressed by the 3000 that I bought another one as a backup.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Best model of PSP to get?