• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. lets talk about ys 1/2 chronicle

User Info: hories

hories
2 months ago#1
wow these 2 games sucks !!!

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
2 months ago#2
If you are going to start a topic in such a negative way, you could at least state why you dislike them. Come on, man.
https://i.imgtc.com/5RRImV1.jpg

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
2 months ago#3
They're not great. I got stuck halfway in the first game and in the second game I gave up out of boredom. I got the item that basically tripled the amount of NPCs in the game and I wasn't thrilled about having to talk to them all. Also, the map layouts are incredibly confusing. I almost want to praise the game for being so elaborate but it just ends up being a chore. You almost never know where you are in relation to where you were previously.
The mine at the beginning of chapter 2... lol. I ended up keeping track of and memorizing which doors to enter in sequence, like "left, left, right, middle, far left" like lock combinations to get to certain locations. But then again, the fact I was able to do this makes this area less bad in a way.

Chronicles is the only Ys game on PSP I did not finish.

hories
2 months ago#4
yes! i feel the same there is 0 effort in this game you come in a city with a s***ty level design and house everywhere (there is no map so good luck to find a place ) there is tons of f***ing pnj i like reading pnj text but in this game its so boring and you are forced to talk to them to find where you go but there is no indication or map so you are f***ed i played 1 hour then delete this game its a joke

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
1 month ago#5
it's like if there was a RPG/game maker with an "auto-town" button.

btw it's so weird how when you have an item that you figure out belongs to an npc and you give it to them but you get nothing in return. Playing this game can feel like you're walking in place.

hories
1 month ago#6
i think its the worst game ever lol

User Info: 1ofaDragon

1ofaDragon
1 month ago#7
This game's just noobing, that's all.
Lord of Arcana post-game maniac

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
1 month ago#8
There are times where I wonder why certain people like these Y's games. That and the dull Legend of Heroes games

User Info: Lamace

Lamace
1 month ago#9
Impossible! A game originally released in 1987 doesn't hold up well today?! Impossible I tell you! Impossible!

But seriously, this collection is for fans only.

hories
1 month ago#10
its a remake
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. lets talk about ys 1/2 chronicle
  • Topic Archived