What is a game series you wish would have had an entry on PSP?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What is a game series you wish would have had an entry on PSP?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
4 weeks ago#11

Magic the Gathering just straight up has a severe lack of video game adaptations in general. I wish it had even a quarter of the amount of video games Yugioh has, then I could actually try it out. No use buying the cards IRL since I have no one to play against.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.
A proper Shining Force game like an enhanced port of Shining Force CD or all 3 chapters of Shining Force 3. I do like the other Shining games though.
GT: wTATERSprecious Pawn: Kokoa Shuzen
Playing: Ginga Force, PSP2:Infinity, EO4, Caladrius

User Info: midgar

midgar
3 weeks ago#13
Lunar!
Now playing: Games

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 weeks ago#14
On topic: I really wish the PSP would have gotten Resident Evil Revelations like it was originally planned to.

The RE games started on Playstation, so having a RE game for the PSP would have been fitting. I've often thought the RE Outbreak games would have been flippin' awesome on the PSP for local multiplayer.

Off topic, but I felt was worth mentioning:

OlorinTheOtaku posted...
Magic the Gathering just straight up has a severe lack of video game adaptations in general.

I really wish the 1997 Magic the Gathering was easier to get running, it's still the best MTG video game I've ever played. Here's the one I'm referring to:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/197838-magic-the-gathering

It had (I think) all the cards from the original game, and all the cards from something like the first 3-4 expansions.

You could completely construct your deck(s), and there was an actual overworld map (named Shandalar) complete with a story line, side quests from various towns, dungeons, and random enemy creatures.

You could even construct decks and assign them to enemies if you wanted (if their stock deck wasn't enough of a challenge for you), or actually make new enemies if you wanted more stuff to fight, though in being honest, the AI sometimes wasn't super good at using decks they weren't familiar with.

The part that sucks is that the game was made for Windows 95, and it's super difficult to get running on any later operating system. I know there was a version or way to get it to run on Windows XP, but I don't know if it will run on anything more recent or not.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD /Corsair CX650M / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
3 weeks ago#15
I've been considering giving that game a go but my system is 64 bit so I figured there was no point in trying.

Also I was surprised to hear Sid Meier made it? That's impressive, even though I never played a game of his before.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 weeks ago#16
JoboHotep posted...

Off topic, but I felt was worth mentioning:

OlorinTheOtaku posted...
Magic the Gathering just straight up has a severe lack of video game adaptations in general.

I really wish the 1997 Magic the Gathering was easier to get running, it's still the best MTG video game I've ever played. Here's the one I'm referring to:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/197838-magic-the-gathering

It had (I think) all the cards from the original game, and all the cards from something like the first 3-4 expansions.

You could completely construct your deck(s), and there was an actual overworld map (named Shandalar) complete with a story line, side quests from various towns, dungeons, and random enemy creatures.

You could even construct decks and assign them to enemies if you wanted (if their stock deck wasn't enough of a challenge for you), or actually make new enemies if you wanted more stuff to fight, though in being honest, the AI sometimes wasn't super good at using decks they weren't familiar with.

Yugioh AVTTS on PSP has all the YGO cards released up to 2015, that's over 7000.

There's hundreds of NPC's to duel against taken from all five of the Yugioh anime arcs, and if that's not enough, you can create your own custom decks and give them to NPC's to use. The AI was also pretty clever.

Something I particularly liked was how pretty much every booster pack was available to purchase right from the start of the game, making it feel more realistic. The whole game feels like it was built from the ground up to be a Yugioh simulator, the story takes a backseat.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

final_lap
3 weeks ago#17
Tag Force 1 had lots of packs, but it felt like there was nothing to do in it but walk around and duel the same NPCs over and over.

A tcg videogame should move you forward through a campaign/story. Marvel TCG and Pokemon TCG 1 and 2 did this very well, and Eye of Judgment on PSP. It's also not a bad thing to limit your packs, it prevents you from making the best deck from the start. (not to mention it prevents you from making the exact same deck in every sequel)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 weeks ago#18
final_lap posted...
I've been considering giving that game a go but my system is 64 bit so I figured there was no point in trying.

Also I was surprised to hear Sid Meier made it? That's impressive, even though I never played a game of his before.

Yeah, I'm running a 64bit myself, so I haven't tried to see if it runs either. That's really interesting to find out Sid Meier made it, thank you for the info!

I knew it was published by Microprose (whom also made my favorite game of all time, the original X-COM: UFO Defense), but didn't know it was one of Sid Meier's games. That doesn't surprise me, I really like a lot of the games he's made.

The Civ series and Pirates! are favorites of mine, I picked up Pirates! for the PSP as soon as it released, lol!

OlorinTheOtaku posted...
Yugioh AVTTS on PSP has all the YGO cards released up to 2015, that's over 7000.

Wow! Yeah, I definitely have to pick that up when I'm able, that's an awesome amount of cards, and I think it would keep me occupied for a long time!

final_lap posted...
Pokemon TCG 1 and 2

I keep forgetting about those, someday I'm going to need to pick up some of the Nintendo handhelds, there's a bunch in their libraries I'd like to play.

final_lap posted...
Eye of Judgment on PSP

Hmm, I'm not familiar with this one, I'll do some research and check it out, thanks for mentioning!
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD /Corsair CX650M / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

final_lap
3 weeks ago#19
I think it's a great idea to play the PSP Eye of Judgment game, the story and artwork is neat enough to make it worth playing, but on top of that you get to experience a small piece of Playstation history without having to go through the hurdles and cost of playing the PS3 version. (which doesn't even have a story mode from what I hear)

User Info: ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris
3 weeks ago#20
I would have loved to see the early Fallout games on PSP. I'd think they would have worked brilliantly on the platform.

I also always envisioned a continuation of Mega Man Battle Network on PSP. In emulation, the PSP feels like the best way to play that series, so a proper set of remakes or an MMBN7 would have felt right on there.

I know about MMBN5 and Star Force on DS, but I always kinda liked the PSP better, it just had a much nicer feel to it and made for a more comfortable platform on which to play GBA games than on a real GBA or a DS, ironically.
Join the Nintendo Fun Club today, Mac!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What is a game series you wish would have had an entry on PSP?