Just found out you can connect your psp to the tv and play on a big screen

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Just found out you can connect your psp to the tv and play on a big screen

User Info: Vlugge_Japie

Vlugge_Japie
1 month ago#1
Bought a composite cable and tried it out. It's surprisingly easy and really adds a lot to the PSP experience. Even though the resolution isn't that high compared to, let's say a Ps3, games both sound and look very good. Never knew about this and learning about this in 2018 reminds me a lot of the Switch.

I actually researched this upon learning about Castlevania Rondo/SOTN coming to PS4. Since the PSP version of SOTN is superior I'm glad I'm able to play this one on the big screen.
I absolutely recommend trying this.
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265

User Info: Blorfenburger

Blorfenburger
1 month ago#2
Its one of the reasons why i got a 2000 as my first PSP this year. I got lucky and found a used one on gamestop, i think it was the last one and its in good condition.
I use inverted controls. Also I hate fandoms.
I'm the Assman. Come on boy you know what I'm all about.

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
1 month ago#3
Ended up buying component cables for mine. I absolutely love it.
Now playing: , DBZ:Battle of Z, , Child of Light, DQ 3, Parasite Eve
Last games finished:Diablo 3, Pokemon Moon, Fable 3 RE:R 3DS, DQ VII

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
4 weeks ago#4
Those cables are what saved me when I botched a screen replacement on my 2000. Should still have them somewhere.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Warframe, and other games.

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
4 weeks ago#5
I don't have a psp anymore but is there a specific version this works on?
PSN- Sratos0027 (Dipset Anthem>>>>National Anthem)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
4 weeks ago#6
gamestop27 posted...
I don't have a psp anymore but is there a specific version this works on?

2000, 3000 and PSP Go; can't work on a original. Go requires a different cable than that of the 2000 and 3000, I believe.
https://i.imgtc.com/5RRImV1.jpg

Vlugge_Japie
4 weeks ago#7
Also note that there are different types of cables. Some of them can display video,play music etc but can't display games.
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
4 weeks ago#8
Vlugge_Japie posted...
Also note that there are different types of cables. Some of them can display video,play music etc but can't display games.

Correct me if i'm wrong but that's only for the cables that go into the top slot or the charging port, the TV cable uses the bottom left one so if you're using that input slot then it should always display your games.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
4 weeks ago#9
I did a bit of research last night on this.
Other things that people should know:

If you're in PAL territory (Europe, UK, Australia etc) then you'll need an NTSC to PAL converter if your TV doesn't already have one built-in because the output of the PSP is NTSC only. You ~can~ still connect it but the image will be a little warped and be in black & white. I know this because i tried it. You can still play but it's a vastly inferior experience compared to the PSP screen.

Only the PSP-2000 (slim & lite) PSP-3000 and PSP-Go can be connected via normal non-hacky means, the PSP-1000 (first gen) and E1000 (Street) lack the socket for the output cable. Though there apparently are ways to display on a PC for 1000's if you're running CFW.

Even though the connection cables are Component, you can still connect them to Composite sockets by putting red in red, blue in white and green in yellow. And then in the PSP's "Connect Display Settings", set the output to 'interlace' instead of the default 'component'.

If you're using a PSP-Go then you can also pair it with a PS3 controller via bluetooth, essentially turning the PSP into a PS1.75 home console.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

Vlugge_Japie
4 weeks ago#10
BarbaricAvatar posted...
I did a bit of research last night on this.
Other things that people should know:

If you're in PAL territory (Europe, UK, Australia etc) then you'll need an NTSC to PAL converter if your TV doesn't already have one built-in because the output of the PSP is NTSC only. You ~can~ still connect it but the image will be a little warped and be in black & white. I know this because i tried it. You can still play but it's a vastly inferior experience compared to the PSP screen.

Only the PSP-2000 (slim & lite) PSP-3000 and PSP-Go can be connected via normal non-hacky means, the PSP-1000 (first gen) and E1000 (Street) lack the socket for the output cable. Though there apparently are ways to display on a PC for 1000's if you're running CFW.

I live in Europe and I don't exactly have a brand new tv and still get the color picture. don't most TV's have a NTSC to PAL converter?
3DS FC 4339-2469-3265
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Just found out you can connect your psp to the tv and play on a big screen
  • Topic Archived