• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What PSP games are you guys working on?

User Info: Sharebear420

Sharebear420
2 months ago#31
Currently playing hexzyz Force, arc the lad 2, monster hunter unite, and ys seven.

Planning to play jeane d arc and tactics ogre
FC: 4614-2383-2982

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
2 months ago#32
Decided to start going through my PSP games giving one or two play sessions to each game to decide if it's worth keeping or not. So far i've done:

Ape Academy - Dunno what i was expecting, but not this. Crappy minigames and completely dull, not to mention little or no indication of which particular monkey in the mass you're controlling. 4/10 Trade-in

Fat Princess - It's top-down Capture the Flag. I can't say it's particularly bad, but i wasn't having a good time with it, it's probably more fun playing with friends but i don't know anyone with a PSP so 5/10. Trade-in

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - While i hated the PS2 version of this game for being a poor imitation of the franchise devoid of all the charm and fluidity that exemplifies the Insomniac games; i found the PSP version to be much more acceptable: The flaws mattering less because of the hardware limitations. It's not ideal, i'd have preferred to have the option to put strafe on the shoulder buttons but nothing that can't be adapted to. A pleasant surprise. Keep
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
2 months ago#33
Sometime this week I was thinking about playing either Pac Man Rally or Ape Escape on the Loose which I bought them from the thrift store 2 months ago but havent gotten around to playing them yet.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
2 months ago#34
Been playing quite a bit of Tekken 6 lately.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

BarbaricAvatar
1 month ago#35
A couple more tried out for collection status.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Reasonable hack & slash adventure. Combat is odd in that it's more time-based rather than simply hammering buttons, you have to pay attention to what your opponent is doing. It probably wouldn't be as much fun if it wasn't PotC but i'm a sucker for that franchise so i like it. Keep.

Aces of War - A slight oddity for me in that i bought the PSP version before the PS2 version; price being the main factor in this. It's a fairly simplistic WW2 era flight game with bombing and dogfighting missions. Control sensitivity is good and every mission has core and bonus objectives which count toward unlocking planes and upgrade points. The bombing reticule could do with being smaller so that it comes on-screen earlier but other than that it's all good. Keep.

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
1 month ago#36
Fighting in Dead Man's Chest is so fun. But I even find it to be a pretty decent game all around. I was disappointed that At World's End removed platforming. (in addition to the combat being worse)

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#37

You saying that Dead Man's chest is a 3D platformer with a fun combat system? I'll have to check that one out sometime. Is it kinda like the Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy?
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

BarbaricAvatar
1 month ago#38
A couple more quick tests.

World Snooker Challenge 2005 - I haven't actually played Snooker in it yet, i keep playing Pool or Billiards. Nevertheless it's a decent enough version of poking balls around tables with believable physics and different levels of visual aids to help aiming. Keep.

Afterburner: Black Falcon - Flight shooter that's remarkably faithful to the original game while bringing in a bunch of new features. Initially it seems tough, but once you've calibrated the amount of concentration required then it gets easier. Missions aren't particularly varied but have main and bonus objectives which reward you with cash you then can use to upgrade your existing aircraft and purchase new ones. Keep.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
1 month ago#39
Game I just started playing since yesterday is Xenogears which I bought and downloaded from the Playstation 3 PSN store and then transferred the game to my PSP.

First time playing the Xenogears game so I hope the game is worth the 9.99/10 bucks

User Info: GuardianLegendX

GuardianLegendX
1 month ago#40
It’s still one of my favorite jrpg’s. So many memorable scenes in that game. One of my favorites is when you are in the sea desert area. A certain bad ass moment shows you how ridiculously overpowered some of the characters are. No spoilers of course.
GT: wTATERSprecious Pawn: Kokoa Shuzen
Playing: Ginga Force, PSP2:Infinity, EO4, Caladrius
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What PSP games are you guys working on?
  • Topic Archived