You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Latest PSP Purchases

User Info: EnvyFox

EnvyFox
7 months ago#1
Not sure why the last topic was locked since I wasn't around to read those last three deleted messages but I'm making this new one. It's simple: just come on in and share your latest purchase for the PSP. Systems, games and accessories are all fair game here.

Yesterday afternoon, I picked up a copy of Full Auto 2: Battlelines (complete) for $4 at a local pawn shop. Haven't played it yet since my PSP is currently packed up but gameplay videos look promising and vehicular combat games such as such are usually right up my alley. Besides, if I end up hating it, I can always go back to Twisted Metal: Head-On.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
7 months ago#2
Last topic was locked automatically because it reached 500 posts.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
7 months ago#3
two weeks ago during my town's Crazy Days downtown sales going on, I bought two complete PSP games and an old Playstation game from the thrift store for just 50 cents pretty much

Dexter's Lab: Mandarks' Lab
Pacman Rally Racing PSP
Ape Escape On the Loose.

There was also a Ratouille PSP game there too but I passed.

I dunno what the gameplay is like for that Ratouille PSP game anyway
I just bought a used PSP 3000 for $50. I think it's the God of War edition. It didn't come with a battery or charger though...
NES | SNES | N64 | GC | Wii | Switch | GBA | DS | 3DS | Saturn | DC | PS1 | PS2 | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | Vita | Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox One
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: TigerKite

TigerKite
7 months ago#5
I just bought Ys: The Oath of Felghana and Ys SEVEN.
3DS Friend Code: 4012-9080-8282 Currently Playing: MH4U/GEN

User Info: Jeree_G

Jeree_G
7 months ago#6
Bought Metal slug xx, as a ms fan I'm disappointed with this entry

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
7 months ago#7
yesterday I found out the Metal Slug Anthology has infinite continues... what a waste of time. At least with Metal Slug XX there's a training mode with various challenges that limit how many times you could die. But I don't know if this is enough to make the game worthwhile. I might check it out sometime.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
7 months ago#8
I got Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection three weeks ago. A few days before that, someone gave me a copy of Madden NFL '07, though its UMD shell is splitting apart. I might get more replacement shells if I come across another game that needs one, but not right now.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
7 months ago#9
final_lap posted...
yesterday I found out the Metal Slug Anthology has infinite continues... what a waste of time. At least with Metal Slug XX there's a training mode with various challenges that limit how many times you could die. But I don't know if this is enough to make the game worthwhile. I might check it out sometime.

There's nothing to stop the player limiting themselves to 5 lives. That's the point of infinite lives, it gives people who can't do it a chance to finish the game, while those who prefer a challenge can choose to only have a few attempts before restarting.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
7 months ago#10
BarbaricAvatar posted...
final_lap posted...

There's nothing to stop the player limiting themselves to 5 lives. That's the point of infinite lives, it gives people who can't do it a chance to finish the game, while those who prefer a challenge can choose to only have a few attempts before restarting.

Not at all.. By your logic why not have it in the options to choose how many continues you get. Or it should be displayed on the screen how many continues you've used so far, something I can verify is not the case. So why are these features not in the game? Laziness, that's why. It's just laziness. It has nothing to do with giving players a choice. Even if it was, the player is forced to mentally keep count of their continues throughout the whole game, making it ineffectual. This is stuff the game could have easily kept track of for you. The games are literally code stored in memory, keeping track of stuff so you don't have to is the whole friggin point.

Also, even if you were right, then it means the game is operating on the faith that I will willfully handicap myself just to add challenge, which essentially makes the game a charity case.
(edited 7 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Latest PSP Purchases