What made you get a PSP?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What made you get a PSP?

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
3 months ago#1
I love hearing about the enthusiasm surrounding the PSP. So why did you decide to get a PSP?

Personally, I got a cheap PSP around three years ago. A PSP 1000 model. Mainly because it was summer and I kind of bored, and always wanted to try out the PSP. And some of its games, especially Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles! As I am a major Castlevania fan. It was a beat up white one, it was a bit heavy, and the d-pad was a little hard, but I had a blast playing it. This sparked in me the desire to buy more into the PSP. Eventually got a PSP 2000 around Christmas. And then two more 2000s. And sold the 1000, and after it, - as it was collecting dust -, one of my three 2000s.

What about you?
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#2
It looked rad and I like handhelds.

That was about 1 year ago. The first game I got was Assassins Creed Bloodline, and it just completely blew me away. Now the PSP is one of my absolute favorite systems, its got awesome games in practically every genre, the graphics are awesome, the games are great fun, what's not to love about it?
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

sanjeust
3 months ago#3
OlorinTheOtaku posted...
It looked rad and I like handhelds.

That was about 1 year ago. The first game I got was Assassins Creed Bloodline, and it just completely blew me away. Now the PSP is one of my absolute favorite systems, its got awesome games in practically every genre, the graphics are awesome, the games are great fun, what's not to love about it?

Assassin's Creed Bloodline is good?
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 months ago#4
AC Bloodlines is mediocre at best. Good for a handheld AC game...which isn't saying much.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#5
^
^
It was to me. Hell of a lot better then the DS games at least.

sanjeust
3 months ago#6
Zero_Maniac posted...
AC Bloodlines is mediocre at best. Good for a handheld AC game...which isn't saying much.

OlorinTheOtaku posted...
^
^
It was to me. Hell of a lot better then the DS games at least.

Ah! Thanks for the input! I'll try it.

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
3 months ago#7
I bought one last year when i found out i could play my old Amstrad games on it.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

OlorinTheOtaku
3 months ago#8
As far as action adventure and open world games go on PSP, I thought ACB was great. The free running was plenty fun, the story was decent, and the missions were great. I especially liked the missions where you have to infiltrate a castle or fort to assassinate a specific person, and you could sneak in, or just straight up slaughter everyone.

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
3 months ago#9
Originally it was for Crisis Core but after playing it I really didn't care for it. Thankfully there were other games that I did like. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Dissidia, Tactics Ogre.
Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 months ago#10
What made me buy a PSP back in November 2008.

Well for one its a Sony Playstation handheld. That and the PSP is pretty much an action game and RPG gaming machine. Plus for a short while its internet browswer was nice to just browse around before the stupid cache limit message popped up to clear the browser history.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. What made you get a PSP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived