How exactly does the ps1 classics work on psp?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. How exactly does the ps1 classics work on psp?

User Info: Sharebear420

Sharebear420
4 months ago#1
Basically I wanna know if I can play all the rpgs I own on ps3 (suikoden 2, chrono cross, legend of dragoon) etc etc on my psp without remote play?

Like can I just download them onto my psp and play like that?

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
4 months ago#2
Yes that should work. Like 99 percent of PS1 classics are PSP compatible. If you have a mini USB cable you should be able to transfer then straight to your PSP from the PS3.

User Info: aannzzee

aannzzee
4 months ago#3
So you don't need any special emulators? It's silly question, I know, but just to make sure....

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
4 months ago#4
aannzzee posted...
So you don't need any special emulators? It's silly question, I know, but just to make sure....

None. They just need PSP compatibility and you transfer it to PSP from PS3 or PC. Before the PSP store was down you could download directly from the PSP or the Media Go app.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.

User Info: aannzzee

aannzzee
4 months ago#5
Thank you xOmniCloudx much appreciated

User Info: ShadowWolf4

ShadowWolf4
4 months ago#6
That being said, I have a similar issue. I just recently bought a PSP, and downloaded a PS1 classic game from the PlayStation store (Spyro 1). I do not own a PS3, and it says something along the lines of that if you want to download it via PC, you have to use the Media Go app (like xOmniCloudx mentioned); but they seem to have discontinued the app as of January this year.

So is there any other way to get it from the PC to the PSP?
Inspirational QOTM: Romans 5:3-5

User Info: revolver

revolver
4 months ago#7
xOmniCloudx posted...
aannzzee posted...

None. They just need PSP compatibility and you transfer it to PSP from PS3 or PC. Before the PSP store was down you could download directly from the PSP or the Media Go app.

The store errors out but you can still access the downloads.

User Info: ShadowWolf4

ShadowWolf4
4 months ago#8
How does one download it without the Media Go App?
Inspirational QOTM: Romans 5:3-5

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
4 months ago#9
If you have wifi access on your PSP you can just download it by going to the PSN store, cancelling the error message, and going to your purchase history on the top right of the screen.

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
4 months ago#10
ShadowWolf4 posted...
How does one download it without the Media Go App?

@ShadowWolf4, After looking it up, unfortunately you seem to only be able to do it with a PS3 now. That means once Sony cuts PS3 servers, PSP is seriously crippled unless they make a new service of some kind to allow it :(
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. How exactly does the ps1 classics work on psp?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived