Can I do this... (sd card adapter question)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Can I do this... (sd card adapter question)

User Info: Neonet1

Neonet1
1 year ago#1
Can I remove the sd card from a dual slot microsd card to ms pro duo adapter and pit it into a microsd to usb adapter and trasnfer games that way? For clarification, I only used one sd card in the dual adapter.
Currently obssesed with the PSP. Best portable ever.
[[Steam ID: theneonet1]] [[3DS FC: (1676-4759-1825)]]

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 year ago#2
I think so. The adapter itself doesn't story any data, so it should all be on that single MicroSD card. It might be a problem if you had two in there, since I don't know how it distributes data between both cards, but since you only had one in there it should be fine.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 year ago#3
The microSD cards in a dual adapter are formatted as a distributed array. You can't use the cards individually.

You can read/write the unit in a ProDuo card reader, but not as individual microSDs.

Since, in your case, you only formatted one card in the adapter, I don't know. Let us know if it works.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: BigBoct

BigBoct
1 year ago#4
I think if you only formatted one card in the adapter, it will work. Just make sure you put it back in the same slot.

EDIT: Possibly stupid question. What's stopping you from reading the stick via the PSP by using USB Connection mode?
"The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault."
--Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, The Dresden Files: Blood Rites

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
1 year ago#5
May i ask another question about this same topic... Guys can i use a adapter with two 64gb sd cards on a psp 3000 ?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 year ago#6
Kanon209 posted...
May i ask another question about this same topic... Guys can i use a adapter with two 64gb sd cards on a psp 3000 ?

Yep. Pretty sure PSP supports up to 2TB, but starts getting serious index lag after 128GB.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Neonet1

Neonet1
1 year ago#7
Update: it worked

EDIT: Possibly stupid question. What's stopping you from reading the stick via the PSP by using USB Connection mode?

When I was asking the question I wasn't in possesion of a mini usb to usb cable and I wanted to transfer data to my laptop. Also, I wanted to know in general if it worked for example if I wanted to transfer data to my phone via sd card slot.
Currently obssesed with the PSP. Best portable ever.
[[Steam ID: theneonet1]] [[3DS FC: (1676-4759-1825)]]
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Can I do this... (sd card adapter question)
  • Topic Archived