• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. That ONE psp game that you couldn't get into?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 year ago#11
LOL, I actually really enjoy most of the games that are being listed here. MGS peace walker, Dissidia 012 & Monster Hunter are all amazing games, that if I didn't know any better, wouldn't even believe they run on a handheld from 2004. All are definite must owns for me, great games.

As for Final Fantasy tactics war of the lions, Killzone Liberation, Little big planet, Patapon 2, Phantasy star portable 2, Ratchet & clank size matters & Star wars battlefront elite squadron, I really didn't like em, despite the praise some got.

-Reasons-

FF tactics: I prefer the DS game.

Killzone: Im not really sure, its not bad, but I've definitely played better top down shooters.

Little big planet: Its near impossible to actually make anything! Games really glitchy & doesn't have enough tools to help you make things.

Patapon 2: Nice rhythm game but it couldn't really hold my attention.

Phantasy star portable 2: The story & characters were simply unbearabley cheesy & annoying to the point that I just stopped playing, which has never happened to me before. Great gameplay though.

Ratchet & clank: Virtually every other shooter & platformer on PSP is better. It really doesn't deserve all the praise it got. Death JR is WAY better.

Star wars battlefront elite squadron: I prefer playing Battlefront 2 (2005) on my PC. Also every other shooter I've played on PSP is better.
I'm a huge Gamer, Otaku & Geek. Find me on Twitter @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
1 year ago#12
Killzone is a problem, you can only carry one weapon and you can't free aim grenades.

The level editor in LBP is a lost cause, every single thing has a tutorial, you could be watching them for hours without making anything. And the tutorials are wrong. (presumably because changes were made to the level editor after the videos/narration had already been finalized) Incredibly glitchy too, there were patches released which caused your levels to crash the game if you made them prior to downloading the patch. Mega Man Powered Up is way better at the whole editor thing, as for LBP the proper way to play it is to just play the single player mode, which isn't even great, just decent.

"Ratchet & clank: Virtually every other shooter & platformer on PSP is better." I'm gonna have to disagree there. I don't think there's a better third person shooter on the system, or a better 3D platformer aside from Daxter. My beef with the game is simply that it's filled with too many minigames.

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
1 year ago#13
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light

OlorinTheOtaku
1 year ago#14
@final_lap said: " I'm gonna have to
disagree there. I don't think there's a better third
person shooter on the system, or a better 3D
platformer aside from Daxter. My beef with the
game is simply that it's filled with too many
minigames."

Have you played Death JR? It's gameplay is so much better then R&C & I'd definitely play MGS or Gun showdown or 3rd birth day if I wanted a 3rd person shooter. I just don't feel R&C deserves the praise it got. The melee combat was just "Mash the attach button", warriors Orochi 2 had TONS of combos & customization & was constantly criticised for being "Repetitive" but no one every said anything about R&C being repetitive. As for the shooting, it was just bland, lock on to an enemy & fire, sure that's what most games do but games like Death JR just made it feel more fun & engaging. Also the platforming wasn't good enough to actually call its self a Platformer it was to rigid & I felt that the platforming wasn't used like it should be in a 3D Platformer. Death JR had brilliant platforming elements that was used as integral parts of the gameplay, even combing it with the combat. Also the difficulty, in Death JR if I die, it was on me, it was my lack of skill. In R&C I felt like I was dying just for doing what the game told me to, it didn't feel like enough skill on my part was necessary, it just felt like I should keep trying & maybe it will work out next time, there were no combos no head shots, there was just nothing I felt I could do then just mash the buttons & hope it turns out alright, Death JR required actual skill & strategy on my part. I'll admit I never got past the 2nd level though, I just didn't wanna waste my time with this game anymore, maybe it gets better latter in game, but I doubt it... I guess it was "that ONE psp game that I couldn't get into".

User Info: final_lap

final_lap
1 year ago#15
I plan on playing Death Jr eventually.

OlorinTheOtaku
1 year ago#16
^ Make sure you do. If you actually liked R&C, you'll love Death JR. I really don't understand how R&C made it onto so many "List of best PSP games" & Death JR didn't...

DJr also got a sequel that actually sounded even better then the first, but I haven't played it yet.

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
1 year ago#17
Dissidia and FF crisis core, both games are so boring and very repetitive for me.

OlorinTheOtaku
1 year ago#18
@Kanon209 how long did you play it? For the first hour or 2, I also thought Dissidia 012 was boring. After playing it For awhile & getting the hang of it, it gets MUCH better.

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
1 year ago#19
OlorinTheOtaku posted...
@Kanon209 how long did you play it? For the first hour or 2, I also thought Dissidia 012 was boring. After playing it For awhile & getting the hang of it, it gets MUCH better.

i finished both games, idk it was nice at first but then it was utterly repetitive.

OlorinTheOtaku
1 year ago#20
@Kanon209 I think another reason I like Dissidia 012 is because I'm a huge FF fan, so it had alot of fan service for me. Also I feel the whole game had such high production value, every character was unique, the stages were all great & there was so much to do.

But if you don't like it that's ok, no worrys, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. That ONE psp game that you couldn't get into?
  • Topic Archived