Going overseas question charging psp

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Going overseas question charging psp

User Info: F4phantomphreak

F4phantomphreak
1 year ago#1
I know I can charge my psp with a usb cable so I was wondering if I can charge it using a power bank? I bought one for my ps vita and I love it, but was wondering if I could use it also on psp, I hate taking chords if I can avoid it, any help? Thanks ahead of time for any replies I really appreciate it.

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
1 year ago#2
Yes.
#StrikeAPose Kof Team - Shermie | Kyo | Leona
Bullying sucks. Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. ~Sonia Ricotti

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
1 year ago#3
If you're going long enough, you really ought to invest in an outlet-converting power strip...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 year ago#4
Lightwarrior11 posted...
If you're going long enough, you really ought to invest in an outlet-converting power strip...

This. Not just for your PSP, but for pretty much any other electronic device you bought/will buy in the area you live.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 year ago#5
Genuine Sony PSP chargers do not need power converters or travel adapters.
They are rated for 100V-240V and have a detachable wall cable.

Originally, PSP-1000 didn't support direct USB charging. Later models added the option.
3ds fc: 5026 4515 5016
We'll ion buzz to the blue stars over there!?

User Info: ChemicalBurrito

ChemicalBurrito
1 year ago#6
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Originally, PSP-1000 didn't support direct USB charging. Later models added the option.

And non-Go models are kinda finicky about charging over USB, particularly if you let the battery completely drain. Best option for 1000/2000/3000 is probably something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Data-Sync-Power-Cable-Sony/dp/B00BJPDO6M/

... that plugs into your USB power bank.

(Not recommending that specific vendor, but that kind of cable - with USB at one end and USB/PSP power at the other. Plenty of those still available from many vendors.)
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Borderlands 2 (Vita/PS3) | Risk of Rain (Vita) | Phantasy Star Nova (Vita)

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#7
One of the nice features of older handhelds taking batteries. Didn't have to worry about this stuff. Still keep my model 1 GBA around for this reason.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 year ago#8
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
One of the nice features of older handhelds taking batteries. Didn't have to worry about this stuff. Still keep my model 1 GBA around for this reason.

I would rather take 5 seconds to read if my charger is 100-240v than carry batteries around with me. Just my personal preference. Plus I have a multi PSP, DS, DS Lite, 3DS USB charger that I can plug into my laptop which has a 100-240v charger (most laptops do) so one cable plugged into my laptop charges all my rechargable gaming devices (since GBA SP uses the DS charger, 2DS and New 3DS use the DS charger) but my Vita.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
11 months ago#9
n00bsaib0t posted...
ItchyIsVegeta posted...

I would rather take 5 seconds to read if my charger is 100-240v than carry batteries around with me. Just my personal preference. Plus I have a multi PSP, DS, DS Lite, 3DS USB charger that I can plug into my laptop which has a 100-240v charger (most laptops do) so one cable plugged into my laptop charges all my rechargable gaming devices (since GBA SP uses the DS charger, 2DS and New 3DS use the DS charger) but my Vita.

To each their own. But when my interest was at its peak for handheld gaming, it was always during traveling when charging would sometimes be difficult, vs picking up a quick 2 pack, or carrying some spare batteries.

I do the same with my Xbox One controllers as well. Instead of battery packs, I buy a bulk supply of AAs at Costco. Those controller battery packs wear out to damn fast anyways.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
11 months ago#10
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
ItchyIsVegeta posted...

To each their own. But when my interest was at its peak for handheld gaming, it was always during traveling when charging would sometimes be difficult, vs picking up a quick 2 pack, or carrying some spare batteries.

I do the same with my Xbox One controllers as well. Instead of battery packs, I buy a bulk supply of AAs at Costco. Those controller battery packs wear out to damn fast anyways.

I got a third party set of battery packs for my XB1 controllers on clearance, $10 for two packs and a dual charging dock. I get about 10 hours of life from them and they're still going two years later. I consider that a good investment. Normally you're right though. The official play and charge kits are trash even the 360 ones.
Posted using GameFlux
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Going overseas question charging psp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived