• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. How well do PSP games hold up to their PS2 counterparts?

User Info: Cybuster_88

Cybuster_88
2 years ago#11
pennylessz posted...
All of NIS games are ported perfectly in my opinion.

Yeah, except Mana Khemia. More bad ports were Ys: The Ark of Napishtim and those two Prince of Persia games.

I've never played a PSP to PS2/PS3 port and vice versa, I know of some good ports that haven't been mentioned yet: the two Syphon Filters and Tomb Raiders, Race Driver 2006, OutRun Coast 2 Coast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, BlazBlues (albeit some loading issues), and even From Russia With Love wasn't too bad minus no vehicle missions.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~ Zidane Tribal

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
2 years ago#12
The Warriors is the perfect port for me, everything even graphics are greatly ported to the psp.

User Info: John-Dana

John-Dana
2 years ago#13
I have Warship Gunner 2 Portable and, despite the language barrier (I have no clue what is being said), it is pretty much identical to the PS2 version.
After moving, the hard part is figuring out where everything needs to go.

User Info: pyro_bunta

pyro_bunta
2 years ago#14
Kanon209 posted...
The Warriors is the perfect port for me, everything even graphics are greatly ported to the psp.

This. It was an great port.

If we're talking about the best PS2 port on the PSP though, it's definitely Warriors Orochi 2. It's so good, that the port is better than the original.
-- ART STUFF --
http://impactfuma.tumblr.com

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
2 years ago#15
John-Dana posted...
I have Warship Gunner 2 Portable and, despite the language barrier (I have no clue what is being said), it is pretty much identical to the PS2 version.

Bless you buddy that's another one I'm gonna need to be on the lookout for that's for damn sure :P pyro_bunta posted...
Kanon209 posted...

If we're talking about the best PS2 port on the PSP though, it's definitely Warriors Orochi 2. It's so good, that the port is better than the original.

I have to agree with this Warriors Orochi 2 is a VERY impressive port especially when you consider it not only includes more characters but also includes full motion cutscenes and the original japanese soundtrack with the english one makes it a very impressive port... + ... you know once that "Superior" track starts playing you know you're in for something special.
PSN ID: Adamight 3DS Friend Code: 0920-2407-8930 (Adam) Xbox Gamertag: Adam The Actor

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
2 years ago#16
rofl, DUDES! The Warriors and Warriors Orochi are two completetly different games! =P

User Info: pyro_bunta

pyro_bunta
2 years ago#17
Yeah we know. I was talking about 2 seperate games. I said The Warriors was a great port, but WO2 is an excellent one.
-- ART STUFF --
http://impactfuma.tumblr.com

User Info: ukloukloiy

ukloukloiy
2 years ago#18
And this is great about the psp....some games are almost like the ps2 versions.
Dantes Inferno is great (they removed only a few riding segments) and Godfather is ok but it doesnt have the free roam- dont kow why i think the psp could handle it)
Naked General for special things,.....Unity In Nudity
PSN: Czlapaj

User Info: ukloukloiy

ukloukloiy
2 years ago#19
pyro_bunta posted...
Kanon209 posted...

he was talking about the game based on the movie "Warriors" :D

http://www.gry-online.pl/galeria/gry13/153548040.jpg

Also "way of samurai 1-2" were great on the psp. I was happy that i could play them on the go since one of my favourite ps2 games was WoS2. It even has an english version translated by fans. Tenchu 3 and Kurenai are also good but only in japanese
Naked General for special things,.....Unity In Nudity
PSN: Czlapaj

User Info: presea_lover

presea_lover
2 years ago#20
I love Way of the Samurai and the series. It's just a shame they're only in japanese. I don't mod my PSP so I'd have to play the japanese versions. I could probably muddle along since I've played WotS 1 quite a bit, but it's just a shame to miss out on the story.
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. How well do PSP games hold up to their PS2 counterparts?
  • Topic Archived