• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Recommend me some games please :)

User Info: forte

forte
2 years ago#11
You all spent more words telling me to search topics than you would need to recommend games.

And I DID search topics...doesnt mean the same question might not have different answers now than it did 2-5-8 years ago. My GBA top ten games is different now than it was last year. Favorite system ever and I had never played Boktai 3 or Drill Dozer if you can believe that!

My point is....the question may have been asked a lot. In fact I know it has. And Ive read those responses. But its worth asking again...because instead of some lame top ten crap...someone might offer up something new...that is rad as s#!t that I havent heard of. I havent had a PSP in a few years. Perhaps an english patch has been made for some previously unplayable super awesome game. Perhaps your favorites now werent your favorites a week ago.

You guys need to understand that you can answer a thread however you like...but if you think telling someone who has been using these boards for like a decade (or more) to search a board is in anyway useful....well its the same mindframe as writing 7 paragraphs complaining about recommendations...instead of one paragraph making recommendations.

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
2 years ago#12
forte posted...
You all spent more words telling me to search topics than you would need to recommend games.

And I DID search topics...doesnt mean the same question might not have different answers now than it did 2-5-8 years ago. My GBA top ten games is different now than it was last year. Favorite system ever and I had never played Boktai 3 or Drill Dozer if you can believe that!

My point is....the question may have been asked a lot. In fact I know it has. And Ive read those responses. But its worth asking again...because instead of some lame top ten crap...someone might offer up something new...that is rad as s#!t that I havent heard of. I havent had a PSP in a few years. Perhaps an english patch has been made for some previously unplayable super awesome game. Perhaps your favorites now werent your favorites a week ago.

You guys need to understand that you can answer a thread however you like...but if you think telling someone who has been using these boards for like a decade (or more) to search a board is in anyway useful....well its the same mindframe as writing 7 paragraphs complaining about recommendations...instead of one paragraph making recommendations.

So the Top Ten features I authored are "lame crap"? You didn't even look, did you?

And I also even spoonfed you a list of 42 of my favorite PSP games. Thanks.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
2 years ago#13
Then if you read MY responses on some of those topics, you will notice I don't list Top 10 games. And not every game recommended are Top 10 dude. And dancers Top 10 aren't always games that everyone sees as a Top 10. Anyways, I am done. If people answer, good for them, then maybe you can be happy. These topics have already listed a LOT of great games.

You should probably answer dancer by the way...you seem to be insulting her without addressing her. She has tried to help but you seem to ignore her posts.

forte
2 years ago#14
dancer62 posted...
forte posted...

So the Top Ten features I authored are "lame crap"? You didn't even look, did you?

And I also even spoonfed you a list of 42 of my favorite PSP games. Thanks.

No your top lists were not crap....sorry I didnt respond directly. And your list of 42 games was usefu tool. I looked up the ones I havent played and ill probably get a couple of em.

My response wasnt really directed toward you as you were the only one to post useful stuff.

dancer62
2 years ago#15
Arcade2 posted...
Then if you read MY responses on some of those topics, you will notice I don't list Top 10 games. And not every game recommended are Top 10 dude. And dancers Top 10 aren't always games that everyone sees as a Top 10. Anyways, I am done. If people answer, good for them, then maybe you can be happy. These topics have already listed a LOT of great games.

You should probably answer dancer by the way...you seem to be insulting her without addressing her. She has tried to help but you seem to ignore her posts.

Thanks, Arcade. BTW, I was motivated to go back and reread my PSP Top Tens from 2010 and 2011, as well as my mini-review of Dissidia 012 in Top Ten Games of 2011 by Top Ten List Writers. I think they still hold up pretty well today, although some folks might quarrel with my definition of monster hunting. BTW, what did you think of my mix of essential games, domestic, localized, and import? Light on RPGs, which is not my favorite genre, heavy on racers, which is..

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
2 years ago#16
I agree with your list. Def some hidden gems. To be honest, I always enjoy reading your lists, especially imports. I can't buy games right now, but I plan on snagging some you mentioned. I would like to speak with you sometime on imports via message.

Forte, Cyberbuster gave a few games as well. Don't ignore them. And not to take away from ANYONE, but I trust dancer. She knows a lot of imports and hidden gems...I highly recommend taking notes on her lists. Granted, listen to anyone and give every recommendation a look in to, but I have followed dancers for a bit and I have personally looked in to games she has recommended.

dancer62
2 years ago#17
Thanks for the good words, Arcade. I'm honored.

User Info: presea_lover

presea_lover
2 years ago#18
This question gets asked a lot. Fact is, it's just how people are. How many times have friends or family members asked you a question they could easily have found the answer to in five seconds on Google? Especially when they know you're just going to plug the question into Google anyway.

Happens to me all the time.

Anyway, there are tons of games for PSP. Since the PSP is region-free, you have a lot of options for gaming. I have a feeling my list is going to be redundant compared to what dancer posted, so I'll post a few (NOT A LIST) and give reasons why i think they're good and/or underrated.

Gladiator Begins: I mention this game every time I post on the PSP board, lol. It's an excellent arena fighting game with a lot of depth and an impressive degree of historical accuracy. A true diamond in the rough. It provides a near-perfect portable action gaming experience for fans of brawling games and ancient Rome.

Rengoku II: A lot of people won't like this game. It's a pure action dungeon-crawler with repetitive visuals, but deep and customizable combat. A lot of the games I mention tend to be the same: brawlers with customizable combat and deep gameplay. That's what I like. Rengoku adds a cyberpunk ascetic that reminds one of mangas like Blame! or Biomega. You assign abilities (attacks/weapons) to your various limbs and they change visually based on what you equipped.

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble: The only Kenka Bancho game to be localized in the west. Consider it Cromartie High School: The Game. Brawler with customizable gameplay, yes, but it's also reasonably open-world. The game is built around a new game+ mechanic and timed gameplay. Your class is taking a school trip and you have until the end to kick all the asses until there are no more punks to beat up.

I hardly need to tell you about the obvious picks. Both 3D GTA games are great. Both God of War games are great.

Gungnir: A very difficult strategy RPG from Sting. Along with Yggdra Union, Riviera and Knights in the Nightmare, the PSP is a treasure trove of Sting games.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth: A port of one of the best, and rarest, RPGs for PS1. A 10/10 game in every possible way. Surprisingly deep and moving storytelling.

We need a sticky.
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater

forte
2 years ago#19
We do need a sticky.presea_lover posted...
This question gets asked a lot. Fact is, it's just how people are. How many times have friends or family members asked you a question they could easily have found the answer to in five seconds on Google? Especially when they know you're just going to plug the question into Google anyway.

Happens to me all the time.

Anyway, there are tons of games for PSP. Since the PSP is region-free, you have a lot of options for gaming. I have a feeling my list is going to be redundant compared to what dancer posted, so I'll post a few (NOT A LIST) and give reasons why i think they're good and/or underrated.

Gladiator Begins: I mention this game every time I post on the PSP board, lol. It's an excellent arena fighting game with a lot of depth and an impressive degree of historical accuracy. A true diamond in the rough. It provides a near-perfect portable action gaming experience for fans of brawling games and ancient Rome.

Rengoku II: A lot of people won't like this game. It's a pure action dungeon-crawler with repetitive visuals, but deep and customizable combat. A lot of the games I mention tend to be the same: brawlers with customizable combat and deep gameplay. That's what I like. Rengoku adds a cyberpunk ascetic that reminds one of mangas like Blame! or Biomega. You assign abilities (attacks/weapons) to your various limbs and they change visually based on what you equipped.

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble: The only Kenka Bancho game to be localized in the west. Consider it Cromartie High School: The Game. Brawler with customizable gameplay, yes, but it's also reasonably open-world. The game is built around a new game+ mechanic and timed gameplay. Your class is taking a school trip and you have until the end to kick all the asses until there are no more punks to beat up.

I hardly need to tell you about the obvious picks. Both 3D GTA games are great. Both God of War games are great.

Gungnir: A very difficult strategy RPG from Sting. Along with Yggdra Union, Riviera and Knights in the Nightmare, the PSP is a treasure trove of Sting games.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth: A port of one of the best, and rarest, RPGs for PS1. A 10/10 game in every possible way. Surprisingly deep and moving storytelling.

We need a sticky.

Ive had family members do that...but usually I oblige.

Anyway...yes a sticky would be great.

Good recommendations Kenka Bancho and rengoku look right up my alley and I never played them so... awesome.

What are your guys thoughts on games like Coded Arms, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory(the first one). I love Dark sci-fi but procedurally generated levels usually fall pretty flat.

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
2 years ago#20
Okay here we go :

Jeanne D'arc , Disgaea 1/2 , Tactics Ogre , Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines , Breath of Fire III , Burnout Legends , ClaDun: This is an RPG! , Daxter , Rengoku 2 , Persona 1/2/3 , Silent Hill Origins and Shattered Memories , Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron , Star Wars: The Force Unleashed , Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror , Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow , Metal Gear Peace Walker , Monster hunter Freedom Unite / 3rd(import) , Tekken 6 , Soul Calibur , Guilty Gear Accent Core , Street Fighter Max , FF Crisis Core , Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep , The Warriors( i love this game) , Twisted Metal: Head-On, Wipeout Pure/Pulse, Patapon 1/2/3, Powerstone Collection , Pursuit Force and Pursuit Force Extreme Justice , Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords , Trails in the sky, the third birthday (parasite eve 3 rebooted), Phantasy Star Portable, Kenka Bancho , Killzone Liberation , Hexyz Force , Harvest Moon , Gurumin , Gods Eater Burst, Gladiator Begins (played this for many time), Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions , Valkyrie Profile (Like said before me , this game is a superb rpg .

Right now i'm on a bloodlust of action rpg , so i'm playing the best i think the psp has to offer :

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Untold Legends: The Warriors Code
Dungeon Siege
X-Men
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Justice League: Heroes (meh , but okay)

If i was to recommend ps1(psn) games i will just say to grab the classics.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Recommend me some games please :)
  • Topic Archived