• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MagicianTrixie

MagicianTrixie
7 years ago#21
I got it. :3 Beat the dragon with the club, and I am starting my journey to ring the bells.
I started as a sorcerer, but I'm wondering if I should restart as a more melee based character considering that's mostly what I'm using.
The spells seem alot harder to use.
http://oi39.tinypic.com/r2n51k.jpg

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
7 years ago#22
The game's combat was designed with a melee playstyle in mind overall.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

MagicianTrixie
7 years ago#23
I haven't messed up by choosing sorcerer right? I've started to find the spirit arrow spell pretty useful.

So I got to the Taurus Demon, and I died to him. (and lost a bunch of souls like twice because I'm a clumsy idiot)
I'm guessing I should led him up the tower rather than fight him on that cramped bridge. According to the wiki, he's weak to fire.
I'm going to try using firebombs on him.

There is also a large black knight that I found. He stands with his back to the player. I can't kill him either. There's something in a room he's guarding. Not sure if it's worth the effort.

MagicianTrixie
7 years ago#24
I killed both. Firebombs were a good idea. I barely beat Taurus. Had what I'm pretty sure was a single point of health at the end. Very exciting.

After that there was a cheap moment with a dragon that really annoyed me. I'm not sure how the game expected me to avoid that.
I'm not sure how to get passed this dragon. I'll figure it out though.

Knight dropped a nice sword that I can't use properly yet, and he was guarding a nice ring. I've found a bunch of Hollow crap. I'm using one of their shields and a battle axe, although I might switch back to the long sword. Is there any reason to keep stuff I don't use? Or should I just drop it?

note: A bit of a game log at this point excuse me if I bog you down with a bunch of stuff you already know.

Tmk
7 years ago#25
The dragon attack is a jerk move. There's actually a hidden message on the ground warning you of it, but to see it you'd have to cast the miracle "seek guidance" so it's pretty abrupt.

The main reason to keep stuff you don't use is that you may have a use for it later, and may not realise how useful it actually is yet. The armor itself is pretty diverse, and weapons too have a lot of different feels for them, and it's basically impossible to get a good feel for how good everything is very quickly.

Later you can get a "bottomless box" which you can store stuff you don't intend to use, at least any time soon, to unclutter your inventory.

Be wary of using firebombs too much though. Firebombs will never get stronger, but the enemies will, so you won't be able to rely much on them forever. Doesn't really matter what class you start as. Any class can be suited to any playstyle - it's just a matter of where you want to be in terms of capability at the beginning of the game.

As for the dragon, if you want to know how to get by it, I'll say it in this post, but then edit it out, so if you want to check you can just check the original version of the post in message detail. So, the way to [redacted].

MagicianTrixie
7 years ago#26
Well, I've only used firebombs for that boss. Nothing else.
I probably could have done the same thing with my magic, since it has about the same wind-up time.
Probably would have taken a few more attempts is all.

MagicianTrixie
7 years ago#27
Oh man. Haha. I kept screwing up the dragon part. At first I ran to one of the safe spots, but waited too long to run down the stairs and the dragon jumped down and murdered me himself. After that I just got stuck in a cycle of recovering my souls and being burned to death. So I ended up with like 5000 souls by the time I got down the stairs.. and then I noticed a ladder.. that led straight down to the bonfire I was just at. I have no idea how I missed it. I guess running past the dragon wasn't necessary?

I haven't really explored the area above the bonfire. I encountered some giant rats and got poisoned. Ended up running back to my bonfire. Decided that was enough for today. This game really stresses me out, but I'm loving it.

Leveled about 3 times today. At level 20.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it I did have to kick the ladder before using it. I'm guessing that made part of the ladder fall down to the bonfire.
That's why I didn't see it.

Tmk
7 years ago#28
Yeah, you kick the ladder down to open a shortcut. Lot of that in this game, you'll find.

MagicianTrixie
7 years ago#29
I think I pressed my shield button too hard and messed up my controller lol. >_>
Not sure if I should wait till I replace my controller or not. I want to keep playing but the button always fails at the worst moment and my character just stands there while an enemy winds up their attack. Is it viable to dodge almost everything? I typically block alot.

So I explored the new area and got to the white fog. Got some kind of skull, a mysterious key, and humanity (which I ended up losing). How bad is it if I keep losing humanity? I know being human increases stats and item drop, but I always lose it really quick.

Tmk
7 years ago#30
Being human doesn't actually increase anything - just having humanity on you increases item drop and defenses. It's no real biggie to lose it a lot. It's pretty much unavoidable. Being in human form is what allows you to be invaded and summon phantoms, and kindle bonfires to grant you more estus.

It is viable to dodge just about all attacks, though some are much harder than others. Sometimes it's definitely safer to block. Much safer.
  • Topic Archived