• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Windyland
  3. How I'd change Nisha's skill tree, 'cause why not.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#1
I'm probably also going to revise my Gaige changes at some point when I'm bored since there were ideas I think are better I didn't go with because I felt like I was changing things too much but in retrospect I crossed that line anyway so may as well. But! Nisha.

I've been on a bit of a Borderlands kick lately, watched a lot of random videos about it and saw a video basically criticising Nisha and, while she's my main, I do agree with it overall, and so this kinda sparked what I'm about to post. Because the problem with Nisha was basically aimbot for action skill, bouncing bullets you miss and crits even when not targeting crit locations kinda take player input more and more out of the gameplay, which isn't as fun I think. But, the trouble is...if you remove those things, rebalancing is hard. If Nisha's action skill doesn't auto-aim, the duration probably needs to be rethought, because 6 seconds is very short. So anyway, here's my ideas:

Showdown: Remove color filter, remove auto-aim, increase duration to 8 seconds, keep the player's aim steady to at least mimic the fact auto-aim removed the "kick" from firing weapons, even if you still have to aim it yourself. Afford sniper rifles and rocket launchers half of the built in gun damage bonus.

Saddle Up: I think this is fine.

Ruthless: increase it from 0.1 per rank to 0.15, so at 5/5 it's 0.75 seconds added per kill, and at 10/5 that's 1.5 seconds. Because it doesn't auto-aim anymore, I think kills scored in Showdown should count for more.

Magnificent Six: I think it's fine.

Bottled Courage: Also fine.

Short Fused: This needs its range buffed, basically. I don't know EXACTLY how close you need to be for full damage, but according to what I read basically "inside" the enemy so I mean...make it reasonable to get the full bonus. Maybe like, just slightly out of melee range.

Faster 'n' You: I think it's fine, though I pretty much never use it.

Pickpocket: This skill is so bad. I think if you kill the enemy you pickpocket with the bullets you pickpocket, you gain 5.0 ammo regen for 5 seconds. It is just a 1 point skill so I guess it doesn't need to be anything huge, though some 1 pointers are.

Gunslinger: This is one of the worst skills. I think it's best to be changed to instead afford a bonus for weapon swapping during Showdown. +2% gun damage per rank added to the second gun you use during Showdown, +4% to the third, and +6% for the fourth. So, you start showdown with Gun A, then swap to Gun B, and that gets and keeps a bonus, and if you swap to Gun C, that gets double the bonus, but if you swap back to Gun A or Gun B, they get no bonus and just the single bonus, respectively. It's all about rewarding using a variety of guns in Showdown and choosing them in a smart order. Changing weapons via your inventory ends the bonus for that Showdown.

Hell's Comin' With Me: Fine and dandy.

High Noon: also fine.

One For Each of Ya: Along with what it already does, it causes 35% of your missed shots to ricochet towards a nearby enemy during Showdown. Reincorporating Trick Shot to just be a part of Showdown, for getting the capstone in the tree. I think that's a nice way to handle it, upgrading Showdown later in the game to give it more diversity.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Mutilated praise.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

Tmk
3 years ago#2
Order, Law, The Third Degree, Rough Rider: all fine.

Wanted: Needs a significant damage buff. How much exactly, I'm not sure. I've had a hard time noticing it even do ANYTHING, and can't test on target dummies.

Discipline: Fine.

Due Process: It seems kinda lackluster. Maybe just...double the duration.

Blood of the Guilty: Fine.

Jurisdiction: I think the HP regen should be doubled, 1.6% per rank.

No Pain, No Gain: Kind of a weird change, but, I think the damage bonus should be delayed at losing a stronger buff if your health has increased. Like if you drop into FFYL, revive, the full buff from being downed should linger a little while, maybe like 5 seconds, before catching up to your higher HP and thus lower buff.

Raring To Go: Fine.

Thunder Crackdown: In addition to its existing effects, it adds a +42% melee damage bonus during Showdown, and increases all melee attack speeds during Showdown by 50%.

Snap Shot: increase accuracy gain per rank from 7% to 9%, and recoil reduction from 5% to 8%.

Bona Fide Grit: Fine.

Quick Shot: Fine.

Unchained: Also fine.

Fistful of Bullets: very fine.

Crack Shot: fine.

Impatience: fine.

Hot lead: fine.

...and now to replace two whole skills.

To replace Trick Shot, I think...I'm bad with names. Let's call it: Focused Shot. This is the Riflewoman tree yet I feel like it could use a bit more for that focus. So, Focused Shot causes you to gain buffs for your next shot while aiming down the sights, based off how long you aim, and are lost if you stop aiming, or fire once, so it just applies to one shot before needing to regain them again. First, you get a 25% gun damage bonus, then next buff is a piercing shot, then next buff is a shot that staggers all enemies that can stagger from any kind of hit, then next buff is critical hit no matter where it hits. The time you have to aim to attain these buffs, is what is modified by rank. At rank 1, it takes 2 seconds for gun damage, 3 total for piercing, 4 total for stagger, and 5 total for crit. Each further rank reduces the time necessary by 0.25 seconds, up to 5/5, and each rank boosted above 5/5 has diminishing returns of 0.125 seconds of reduction. So, at 5/5 it's 1, 2, 3 and 4 seconds for the effect. At 11/5, it would be 0.25 seconds, 1.25 seconds, 2.25 seconds, 3.25 seconds.

To replace Tombstone, uhh... Blood Rapture. Let's call it Blood Rapture: Critical hits do not consume ammo. Additionally, kills with critical hits cause ammo regen for 5 seconds. Ammo regen is 0.2 per rank. This I think is, above all else, the single most...missing thing in Nisha's skill tree. And with the other changes it helps keep it from being too powerful because if just this was added but Nisha otherwise was unchanged, it'd be a bit much.

Finally: The Unforgiven: in addition to existing effects, it causes 20% of all instances of damage to enemies Nisha inflicts to crit while in Showdown.

Tmk
3 years ago#3
Thinking on it more, maybe it should just be a 10% chance per rank that a crit consumes no ammo for Blood Rapture.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Windyland
  3. How I'd change Nisha's skill tree, 'cause why not.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A