• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Windyland
  3. Dark Souls Log. Progressive spoilers within, based on the NA release.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
10 years ago#11
Okay, from this point on, here comes the crazy progressive spoilers I warned you about, so take a hike, onlookers! >:C

http://i.imgur.com/r0DLm.png

The new Vanguard-esque enemy seems to be quite a bit more capable in a fight. D: There was no way I was beating him without my stuff. Speaking of: I chose hunter as my class, and the mysterious pendant as my gift. The beginning area went somewhat smooth. When I got to above the Asylum Demon, I missed my chance to drop down and stab it. u_u I hesitated and he destroyed the platform. I did manage to kill him on my first try once I got my weapons though. It was somewhat rough, but still. It bugged me there were items there I couldn't get and stuff I couldn't open. D:

Once I got to the Firelight...place thing, I spent a lot of time thoroughly exploring this area. I entered into a covenant with the priest guy, who won't tell me about the mission unless I give him souls, and the amount he asks for has went up when I finally came to him with the amount he had previously asked for. e_e I think he's hustling me. In general I've been unable to buy much from people.

My first stop was the graveyard. This is where I encountered horrible skeletons that put up quite a tough fight. When I finally manage to kill the first pair, the second one at the deadend behind me guarding an item kept getting me. Eventually I decided to hell with it. They're not even giving me souls anyway (wtf?! D:<) so I just ran... I think I picked up all the items there. And saw that there's NO WAY I'm going to be fighting those skeletons anytime soon. There's a freaking army there, including GIANT ONES. Argh. I got a bunch of awesome stuff running around though, including a winged spear~

Speaking of weapons, I LOVE what they did with the Estoc.

Eventually I manage to fight through the skeletons in a path to the catacombs. Where I find MORE skeletons, but this time when defeated they rise back up. D: I died in here, came back, and ended up having to run. Got to some magic guy who at first I thought was an NPC, but he blasted me and killed me. So, screw going there.

Next, I head to the elevator around back of the main starting bonfire, into a rather dark place. This place isn't much more inviting. It's got King's Field water and a bunch of tricky ghosts that seem to have either a parry/riposte attack, or just some special long-range attack animation that wrecks me and seems to come out of nowhere. And I have to use a seemingly rare temporary item just to be able to block or attack them. AND they don't give me souls, either. I managed to make it to some scary lady screaming and then a ghost blew me away with lightning. I felt like I got pretty far, but died and couldn't get back there, only tried two more times anyway. I guess I'll have to wait until I have a better way to deal with ghosts.

So, apparently my instincts brought me to places that are a near-death sentence. Last area to try turns out to be far more welcoming, and with enemies that offer souls when killed. I'm impressed by the greater variety of moves and less predictability of the enemies. Definitely makes things tougher. I eventually broke down and bought the residence key when I had hoped it would provide me a way or means to deal with the dragon. It didn't. I did encounter what I assume is this game's equivalent to a black phantom, in the form of a black knight. After a few tries I barely managed to bring him down. Boy was that a scary fight. I eventually got into what seems to be another miniboss fight. I assume since I didn't get a demon soul for doing it. This one I beat on my first try, barely. I managed to get that falling stab attack on it twice. It was pretty exciting and I beat it by doing a falling stab, and then throwing a firebomb as it staggered from that. Very close call, actually.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Mutilated praise.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

Tmk
10 years ago#12
But then anyway, the dragon. This dragon seems to be way tougher than Demon's Souls dragons, and kept killing me. Eventually, I decided to just charge. Maybe that would work. Oddly, it did, and I managed to run down the stairs. Still bugged I can't get those items...

From here, I encountered another black knight, this one seeming impossible for me to kill at this point, so I didn't try many times. From here I encountered quite a crossroads and barely managed to kill a boar which seemed damn near immune to my attacks by getting it to smash into the fire, then dealing with these cool caped knight dudes that seem to be this game's blue eye knights, and they're way cooler. I went into...a church or something, and very slowly fought this huge tower shield knight guy who was quite a scary battle. I got a fire keeper's soul, and sniped by some magic guy that got arrows to the face. From here I found that person in weird armor, at a shut gate, and a manly blacksmith. This is about the time the King's Field feel really starts to become apparent, in terms of exploration, not knowing which path might have a bonfire and which just leads to more paths and such.

I eventually encounter this bizarre...thing...that shoots lightning. Despite several attempts, I couldn't come close to killing it. So I ran past it, into a forest. Which is awesome. Explored this quite a bit. Saw something in the distance with fancy wings. Fought tree things that can be kinda scary. Eventually, I made it to some cliffs, where a gecko...or whatever they are now is. Oh and I found one in a barrel, too, in the undead place. Managed to kill it. Well this one got away. D: As I made my way down, a damn black knight guy! I didn't feel like I had any chance, but I managed to get a backstab in, and he fell to his death, giving me A BUNCH of souls. But no items. >_<

But he was guarding a shield that is basically as good as mine if not a bit better, and regens stamina faster! :o Yay.

I go through a cave, and come out in a place with small dragons that breath electricity. I barely managed to survive well enough to run away. **** that place. I head another way and find this trippy golem things. I can handle one in a fight okay, even though they take a long time to kill, but two come at me. D: This leads to a very long dance, with something scary off in the distance... Something I accidentally provoked as I danced with the golums, and it unleashed some crazy long-reaching attack that killed one of the golems for me. I killed the other, neither of them dropping anything. :/ I don't know what that thing is out there... It seems to shoot...water? It's freaky looking. Very King's Fieldy, this whole experience. Find some locked door, decide to head back.

I go back to the church and find an elevator that creates a shortcut back to the Firelight place. :D Which is handy since that's where I use the fire keeper soul to reinforce my flasks.

Tmk
10 years ago#13
I then get mobbed by an army of dregling-esque enemies which was kinda scary, and soon enough make my way to the Bell Gargoyle's. Man, **** them. Pissed me off. Died a whole bunch of times. It seemed impossible. I broke down and decided to use my lightning-weapon item thing. That tore the gargoyle up, ripped its tail off (which dropped an item I didn't have time to grab) but I got killed. So that sucked. I tried again, died again. So now I only have one left. After a lot of failed attempts not using rare items, I found that two-handing the halberd and smacking him a few times, seems to cause him to kinda freak out, giving me more chances to hit him. Still died but picked up the tail axe this time. So this time I went in, used my last lightning, and just full-out assaulted him. Killed him before the second gargoyle reached us (barely) and it seemed to only take 3 two-handed lightning halberd hits to kill the second. That's where I stopped.

So far, I'm definitely loving this, though the more King's Fieldy exploration and world is really making me miss BGM. Still. Love the enemy design, too. Seems like it's more Shadow Towery.

The weaker rolls are throwing me off a bit, though. Also sometimes there seems to be this weird lag between a button command and actually doing it. Not sure what that's about. A couple of times I think it may have just been me, but I'm pretty sure at least a couple of times that has happened. @_@

Tmk
10 years ago#14
I'm probably going to enter NG++ later today. See, the problem with this topic is I became TOO addicted to the game to spend the time updating the log. Shame about that. :/

Tmk
9 years ago#15
Note to self: post patch, look into upgrading hollow soldier waistcloth, chain mail armor, easter gauntlets, maiden robes, silver knight shield, balder shield, eagle shield
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Windyland
  3. Dark Souls Log. Progressive spoilers within, based on the NA release.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A