How long does a gameboy micro need to charge?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Boy Advance
  3. How long does a gameboy micro need to charge?

User Info: NovaCast

NovaCast
1 year ago#1
I recently bought a 2nd hand gba micro

It just came with a charger and no manual, thus i don't know when the unit finishes charging.

I looked online and it says 3 hrs should be sufficient, and that while the unit charges the lights flash blue ( start/select button) when its done charging those lights should turn off.

Well its been about 7 hrs and the lights have no shut off

The battery of the unit only lasts 1 hour and then it turns red and shuts off shortly after. The odd thing is one would assume that the battery doesn't hold a charge longer than 1 hr but when i turned it on again a couple of hours later i got almost the exact amount of play time before the battery went red.

3rd time turning it back on it did the same thing. This is odd because i haven't recharged the battery ever since and i still keep getting juice off it but only in 1 hr increments. After it shuts off and i try to turn it on it won't however if i wait about 30 minutes the unit will power on and i will get another hr of battery.

At first i thought it was a battery issue but it i bought a replacement one and it does the same thing..

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
1 year ago#2
I still have my micro I bought brand new. I never really play any handheld more than a few hours before recharging. So I never have problems. But I feel like the micro could go 6+ hours easy. Sounds like yours is more a system malfunction than battery.
additions: Lunar Silver Star pristine, Lunar Eternal Blue pristine, Dynamite Cop, Odin Sphere (vita), Hell and Immercenary (3DO), Dark Cloud sealed (ps2)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Game Boy Advance
  3. How long does a gameboy micro need to charge?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived