You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 64DD
  3. The "How was your day?" topic, Vol IV

User Info: ender003

ender003
1 year ago#81
I just ran a mile for the first time in over 10 years.
8 minutes even. Not great but not too shabby either I'd say. I really wanted to slow down and walk for some of it but I pushed through it. I can't stop coughing and my lungs feel like they're bleeding. But that's what I get for being lazy and developing a little bit of a belly. I'm going to try to do this every other day after work and hopefully eventually increase it to two or more miles. Based on this first run it's going to be a while before that happens. Luckily there's a track literally across the street from my house. The dirt is soft and loose which sucks but whatever.

My legs are going to be hella sore tomorrow.
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Revegelance

Revegelance
1 year ago#82
On Saturday, I dropped my phone on concrete, cracked the screen. Still worked though. Today, getting out of bed, I dropped my phone on carpet. LCD is broken. Crap. I guess I still have "OK Google", so I can make calls (and answer calls blindly, since the touchscreen still works, just can't see it).

I think I'm just going to have to buy the cheapest crappy flip phone I can find until I can afford to replace my smartphone.
My Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Revegelance

ender003
1 year ago#83
How do so many people drop their phones? Geez.

I really wasn't looking forward to it, but I did it again. Same time even though I pussied out and walked for a few seconds each lap to sip some water. At least this time my lungs don't feel like they're melting and I'm not coughing. Much.
(edited 1 year ago)

Revegelance
1 year ago#84
ender003 posted...

Right? My phone lasted just under 2 years, I feel like it had another solid year in it before upgrading.
My Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Revegelance

User Info: MARl0

MARl0
1 year ago#85
ender003 posted...

I ask that question a lot as well. I've been using iPhones since the first generation iPhone, and I've never once dropped one. I get that accidents happen, but the frequency that I see busted phones is pretty staggering.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) | Golf Story (Switch)

Revegelance
1 year ago#86
Every time I've ever dropped my phone (hadn't broken until now!) has been when I've been walking and using my phone. Something I'll have to be extra careful with from now on. When I get a new phone, a good screen protector is a must. I'm still iffy on getting a case, though, I don't want the extra bulk in my pocket.

I used to mock people with cracked screens. Not anymore. I totally sympathize, and it sucks having an expensive piece of hardware destroyed in an instant for no reason. Granted, it was a budget phone, but $150 is still a lot of money.

ender003
1 year ago#87
If I were to ever get a cellphone I would get the most protective case I could. You're walking around with potentially hundreds of dollars of electronics. It just makes sense to take precautions. Not saying it's the situation with you, but I feel like a lot of people take them for granted. With the constant upgrades they're seen as almost disposable.

Revegelance
1 year ago#88
Indeed. I had generally been pretty careful with my phone, but accidents clearly do happen. And I suspect that the longer I had that phone, the more I did take it for granted, and that led to carelessness. Puts some perspective on things.

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
1 year ago#89
This is gonna sound like bellyaching but it ain't, so hear me out

Deleted a 25yr friend from my Insta and Twitter and FB and all that

You know what's rad? Is when you are the shoulder to cry on and confessor and confidant and counselor (the three doormat c's) for someone for years and years over relationship drama when she is freaking out like the world is over because she can't not sleep with married randos and all sorts of stuff but you still believe in her as a human being and you try your hardest to just understand and listen and stuff

And then she tells you this (this happened a month ago):

"I realize that I am always emotionally supportive and available for everyone, but no one ever is for me. I feel I can no longer talk to you"

A little context, mom is dying. She's had mobility issues for years and years and I've been her primary caretaker for the whole time but the last 2 years have been me just dealing with watching her descent because it's stage 4 and she is on the way out.

So, in other words, I wasn't there to immediately answer this girl for her drama over being attached to a married guy for a while, and now that she has finally slept with him again, I'm the devil

Honestly it is rad. In fact, it's my jam. Not even at all sarcastic!

Sometimes when you get forced to, with your back against the wall, you realize who your actual friends are. I'm so glad I deleted her and immediately deleted the texts I got without reading them. Dude seriously, I never realized that "being mean" to self-centeted people...actually doesn't feel bad at all? Weird but rad.

In game news I finished Hyper Light Drifter and got slammed over my criticisms of its action but two simple things would have made the action amazing, plus I just got Battle Chasers and it seems pretty decent
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: MARl0

MARl0
1 year ago#90
Finally got a SNES Classic this morning at Toys R Us. Just went there a little before they opened and was able to get one fairly easy. Of course now I'm obsessed with Mario Odyssey, so it's not like I'm going to be playing it much for awhile...
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch) | Golf Story (Switch)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 64DD
  3. The "How was your day?" topic, Vol IV