• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dreamcast
  3. Best dreamcast RPG released in the US
carlde21 7 months ago#1
What was the best dreamcast US released RPG?

Rank them from 1-10 too if you want.
FrogJaws 7 months ago#2
I've never heard of Pier Solar and the Great Architects.

I probably have spent more time playing PSO than any on this list.
It's on like Donkey King!
EvilResident 7 months ago#3
EGG just because it’s so unique. Great game.
---
SiO4 7 months ago#4
Skies one of the GOAT RPGs.
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you." ~Carl Sagan.
Currently playing: Flight Simulator X.~PC
Luigi4President 7 months ago#5
FrogJaws posted...

It was a late post-release on modern consoles, Genesis, and Dreamcast. That's probably the most noteworthy aspect about it.

I've played it start to finish which is more than I can say about the rest of these, but it's really nothing to write home about. My vote would probably go to Skies of Arcadia, having not played PSO during its hayday.
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Luigi4President?
metaphysician 7 months ago#6
I tried playing the PC version, but I quit at some point. I don't remember exactly *why* I quit, mind, but the fact that I gave up on a JRPG within a couple hours suggests it wasn't that memorable.

( Granted, it might have been me trying to play it with keyboard, and being reminded that playing traditional console games with keyboard *sucks*. . . )
CloneTheHero 7 months ago#7
pso and its not even close. that game was deep you could spend thousands of hours and still not get all the best gear.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif
badboy 7 months ago#8
Between Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2

FrogJaws posted...
It's a homebrew released for DC in 2015
CyberHaunky 6 months ago#9
Skies of Arcadia, easily, but wow...no love at all for Pier Solar? I was blown away by how much I enjoyed that game!
SiO4 6 months ago#10
CyberHaunky posted...
Skies of Arcadia, easily, but wow...no love at all for Pier Solar? I was blown away by how much I enjoyed that game!

I can't say that I have, I actually didn't know about it.
Interesting.
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you." ~Carl Sagan.
Currently playing: Flight Simulator X.~PC
  1. Boards
  2. Dreamcast
  3. Best dreamcast RPG released in the US
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A