You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. Whats the worst rental you ever had?

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
6 days ago#1
Thinking about your weekend and you and your family went to the the video store on a Friday night (back when that was I thing, i miss, when the whole town would be there it seemed as a child lol) sometimes the best games would be gone and all that would be left would be the sucky games. What were your worst rentals? I distinctly remember Mine were probably Kings Knight for NES and Kawasaki Caribbean Challenge for SNES. The boxart looked promising. It always turned out a waste of money and parents time when I end up playing something I already owned over a rental. I quickly learned to reserve the games. You can imagine how a section of 10 Mario all stars and Mario kart were all gone, and you would just have to wait.

User Info: noidentity

noidentity
6 days ago#2
Prince of Persia 2 on snes. Holy s*** that was an atrocious port.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517

User Info: 2001mark

2001mark
6 days ago#3
Race Drivin'. My gawd what a disgrace.

User Info: GhostSweeper

GhostSweeper
6 days ago#4
Knife Edge on the N64. One of the worst games I've ever played.
"My people will erect a statue in my honour"

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
6 days ago#5
I forgot maybe Lester the unlikely and Lemmings

User Info: JaxsonDeVille

JaxsonDeVille
6 days ago#6
Burning Road
Eggs of Steel
(both on PS1)
Gamefaqs Mods are rude to me

User Info: Clovershroom

Clovershroom
6 days ago#7
NCAA Football
Captain America and the Avengers. The Genesis port was better.
"I'm not getting paid for this part, you're lucky... I'm gonna destroy you for free!"

User Info: dark lancer

dark lancer
6 days ago#8
My father didn't believe in renting videos or games, so I probably went into a Blockbuster three times my whole life.
[+JMJ] Ave Maria!
We are the Catholic Resurgence

User Info: Ohioguy1980

Ohioguy1980
5 days ago#9
I can’t recall the name of the game but it was a college basketball game for SNES. This was at the time when NBA Jam was the hot new game. The pics on the back of the box were blatant false advertisement. They looked like a high end arcade game. Got it home and popped it in to utter disgust. The game was Atari 2600 level graphics. The characters were barely above stick figures. Luckily, we lived very close to the video store at the time and they allowed returns/exchanges on game rentals if taken back within a few hours.

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
5 days ago#10
Worst SNES rental: Primal Rage. It wasn't a bad port, but it was my least favorite of the SNES games I rented.
Worst overall rentals: The Amazing Spider-Man for Gameboy, which taught me that bad games do exist, and a defective Resident Evil 2 for the Nintendo 64, which caused the AC adapter in my console and my cousin's to trip. Fortunately, Nintendo's support told us how to reset the AC adapters and Hollywood Video let me switch that rental for another.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. Whats the worst rental you ever had?