You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. Didn't realize Civilization supported the SNES mouse

User Info: MachineLove

MachineLove
3 weeks ago#1
Just got a copy of the cart. While I was cutting the print out for a universal game case, I noticed the mouse logo. I know not many games support it, but that's pretty cool for a strategy game on this console.

Does anyone know if it works alright? Haven't tried it but I'd assume it makes the game much smoother, although Civ isn't fast paced would make scrolling a little easier maybe.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
3 weeks ago#2
You'll have to see if it supports mouse + gamepad. The mouse alone makes movement annoying, but it does make scrolling easier.
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

User Info: Maximothelad

Maximothelad
2 weeks ago#3
Huh, I didn't know that ether.

User Info: juiceman80

juiceman80
2 weeks ago#4
How is the SNES version? The PC version is one of my all time favorites.

User Info: Hasshiro

Hasshiro
2 weeks ago#5
IIRC you can scroll in the SNES version by holding either of the L/R buttons and moving around with the D-pad. I have to replay the game to confirm it, though.
I don't cheat. I play by house rules.

User Info: MachineLove

MachineLove
2 weeks ago#6
juiceman80 posted...
How is the SNES version? The PC version is one of my all time favorites.

Haven't played the PC version, but from what I understand from online, both versions are pretty much the same apart from a few minor differences. Seems the map is a little smaller on SNES and the menu is laid out differently, and a couple AI behavior differences (i.e. they offer peace agreements and other deals more often).

I love the SNES version. Haven't owned the cart before now but played it a lot in the past.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
1 week ago#7
I remember trying to get some of the PC glitches to work in the SNES version. Some tactics didn't work very well (like spamming diplomats).

I believe the settlers one-turn build was changed to rely on a save-scum, and I forget if railroads were allowed everywhere
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. Didn't realize Civilization supported the SNES mouse