You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. To Super Famicom / Famicom Owners Who Label Your Games...

User Info: MoonlitFinale

MoonlitFinale
1 month ago#1
What kind of labels do you use on them to tell them apart? I used to use some plain label maker ones, but when I had to take them off, they left remnants I had to use alcohol to really rub out.

User Info: GhostSweeper

GhostSweeper
1 month ago#2
Do you mean at the top of the cartridge? I actually live in a PAL territory so technically, SNES owners are still applicable to your question as it's pretty much an SFC style cart. I never do any of that but I assume a few people do, I see custom labels for 64 cart tops too.
"My people will erect a statue in my honour"

MoonlitFinale
1 month ago#3
Either top or side, preferably side as that's the way my carts are organized.

I was unaware what PAL cartridges looked like, so that's just why I said Super Famicom / Famicom.

User Info: GhostSweeper

GhostSweeper
1 month ago#4
Yeah, they're the same as Japanese releases, so its the classic sleek design with the slightly curved front face but the label is restricted to being only on that side. The US has at least a couple of block type style cart variants, but they all have the label run over the cart top.

Maybe someone on eBay or Etsy does something along the lines of what you're after. I'm sure at some point I've seen listings for 64 cart labels but maybe there are others.

What games have you got, I'm assuming you've got a few imports after mentioning the Super Famicom.
"My people will erect a statue in my honour"

MoonlitFinale
1 month ago#5
Actually have 116 Super Famicom games, and around 66 Famicom games. Hence why I'm looking for some way to easily find the game I'm looking for lol.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
1 month ago#6
Might as well slap a barcode on the side and scan them with your phone?
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
1 month ago#7
I just label mine with scotch tape and paper (I write on a paper in small text, cut it out, then scotch tape it to the top). The benefit to this is that it's very easy to get off and leaves no residue if you ever want to remove it.
https://gababoutgames.blogspot.com/ - GAB About Games, a retro console rating project, SNES / PS1 on now
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. To Super Famicom / Famicom Owners Who Label Your Games...