• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. My favorite console is the Super Nintendo

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#1
Opening it on christmas morning in 1991. I was 11 in 1991 so i was still a kid.
My parents spoiled me as a kid. As they had harsh childhoods.
Those graphics blew you away as a kid the first time you saw it!
Nowadays you have several ways to enjoy them, weather its collecting the original carts, using a clone system, or emulation.
I prefer collecting the original carts myself, nothing like having the real deal.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
(edited 1 month ago)

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#2
My second favorite is the Sega Genesis, and the NES would be my third favorite.
4th would be the Gameboy Advance SP, 5th would be the Nintendo DS, 6th Sony PSP, 7th Playstation 2, 8th Playstation 4, 9th Xbox One, 10th Wii U. Whats your top ten consoles and handhelds?
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Arguro

Arguro
1 month ago#3
The Super Nintendo is my favorite as well. I don't know if I have a top 10. I haven't really thought about it hard enough. I really enjoy the Sega CD, the 3DO, the original Game Boy, and the NES. Those are the only systems I play with any consistency. I also enjoy old DOS games from the 80s and early 90s.

User Info: Zenoth

Zenoth
1 month ago#4
Welcome aboard lol (it is for me as well).

Although, a very, very close 2nd for me would be the PS1. I often debated for years (with myself) trying to determine which one I truly prefer(ed). I 'switched' from one to another from time to time but - ultimately - I know in my heart and soul that it is the Super Nintendo.

It is also the only console I owned for the longest period of time. Back then I had to sell my current console if I wanted to move to the 'next one', making just a bit of money enough to get a cut for the next one. There was no such thing as abundant money for me during those years, I was too young for that. So if I wanted something else, it was good bye NES, then good bye SNES, then good bye PS1 and hello [insert console name here]. It took me all the way up to around 2000 / 2001 to be able to actually buy and keep multiple consoles at once.

However, the Super Nintendo I happened to own it from around summer 1993 to all the way until I basically got my PS1, which was in summer of 1997. So I owned my SNES for approximately 4 years (probably give or take just a few months). And it is, to this day, the only console I've owned for that long without getting rid of it for any reason (well I mean outside of the context of becoming a humble 'collector' in recent years, during which I did re-buy a SNES for myself and have of course been keeping it ever since; but here I'm referring to the original system). And that contributed a lot to my love for the system since I basically had 4 years' worth of time to rent a crap ton of games like no others; which in turn helped me better appreciate a greater quantity of games for it obviously.

Ironically enough, it is not the system for which I actually owned the highest number of games (again, was too young despite owning it for 4 years, I mostly rented games on it; I actually owned no more than maybe 4 or 5 games). That honor goes to my PS2, I believe (counting my PS1 games which I'd play on my PS2) totally around 11 games. I suppose that rentals was a superior method (for me anyway) for experiencing a console and its games, even though back then the kid I was would have probably disagreed since I would have obviously preferred to own games. How strange sometimes life makes things better for you but you just don't realize it until years later.

Indeed, long live the Super Nintendo.

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#5
I find myself going back to play Super Nintendo games, like i do on my top 10 consoles and handhelds. Thats one reason its my favorite.

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
1 month ago#6
I liked the SNES, but to be honest I enjoy my NES, 3DS, DS, GBA, and every Playstation I've owned a lot more.

My favorite SNES games were:

Gemfire
Civilization
Final Fantasy 3 (6)
Eye of the Beholder
Wizardry V
Zelda LttP
Might & Magic 3 (it's very SLOOOOW though, takes some getting used to)

Hmmmm I probably enjoyed my Atari 2600 a lot more too.
My roguelike, Equin: The Lantern!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: bruplex

bruplex
1 month ago#7
The NES and SNES are practically tied for me, with the Gamecube, PS2, and PSX not far behind.

If I absolutely had to choose one, it would probably be the SNES (thanks to games like Super Mario All-Stars) but I've certainly put more hours into NES games overall.
Use your computer mouse to navigate the internets. Be sure to talk to everyone you meet. You're sure to gain lots of valuable information.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
1 month ago#8
If I were forced to choose. . . I'd probably pick PS1, sadly, as I really loved the 5th gen Squaresoft library. SNES would be a close second, however.

User Info: retro_9980

retro_9980
1 month ago#9
I have more games for the 2600 and NES, but I consider the SNES my favorite system also. It has more of my favorite games than any system and that time period was my favorite also.

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
1 month ago#10
What was amazing is I was full on Nintendo with the NES and SNES that I didn't expect the PlayStation to come along and kick so much ass. That's a hell of a console, with so many great games. When compared to something like my N64 there was no comparison at all.
My roguelike, Equin: The Lantern!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. My favorite console is the Super Nintendo
  • Topic Closed