You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. SNES "Best Games" Showdown 2

User Info: Maximothelad

Maximothelad
3 months ago#1
Choose!

The impossible choice!

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
3 months ago#2
Easy! Final Fantasy VI, followed by Super Metroid.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#3
Final Fantasy 3/6
I have the cartridge of the Gameboy Advance version, but i also have the Super Nes Classic to play that version of the game. Chrono Trigger is short but it has +new game to add more replay value. Chrono Trigger has the better graphics and Replay Value, but FF3/FF6 has the better story and overall just a better game.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: 2001mark

2001mark
3 months ago#4
Jesh… FFIII for me because story & characters are so amazing. Even in 2019, playing on the mini, its epic scale & fantastic vision is really peerless.

Chrono Trigger is arguably one of the finest technical achievements for SNES, yet FFIII's x factors just keep it in front for me.

Super Metroid is outstanding, just less my lane.

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
3 months ago#5
These are some random polls. Why do all 3 have to go against eachother?

Very tough. I dont know if i ever had a greater single first experience playing a game than i did with Chrono Trigger. f***ing incredible. I was quite sad when i completed it cuz i knew id never be able to recapture the experience of that first playthrough.

Super Metroid is brilliant in its own right. Dont think any other game in existence has a better atmosphere.

Chrono Trigger i have fonder memories of, but a huge sticking point here is the fact that i cant see myself playing thru Chrono Trigger again for years, while Super Metroid i enjoy giving a go each and every year. FAR more playable/replayable game.

Think i gotta go with Chrono Trigger. Tough.
OFFICIAL gamefaqs policy per moderator staff: You can not wish death on ANYONE, to include Adolf Hitler or mass murderers, when posting on gamefaqs.

User Info: BlueGunstarHero

BlueGunstarHero
3 months ago#6
Super Metroid is #1. These are indeed my top 3 for the system though, so kudos for grouping together.
Xbox Gamertag/Steam ID: bluegunstarhero

User Info: GhostSweeper

GhostSweeper
2 months ago#7
Arrghhhh, jeez this is tough.

Voted Chrono Trigger but it's really a complete toss up in my mind. Love all these games.
"My people will erect a statue in my honour"

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
2 months ago#8
Yeah, I voted Chrono Trigger but this poll is like picking which of your kids gets to climb onto the lifeboat.

User Info: TheTRobbReport

TheTRobbReport
2 months ago#9
When you consider the voting polls, these three games are clustered together (behind Zelda and SMW) so it kinda makes sense.

I think Chrono and Metroid stand quite a bit above FF VI; deciding between these two was tough. I went with Chrono, just because of how polished it is. In 1995, I don't see how they could have done a better RPG. Like, looking back at that game, I can't point to a single thing specifically that I didn't like, or would change.

If I had to choose between which game to spend an afternoon on, I'd easily pick Super Metroid (which was also the more revolutionary/influential game IMO). There's so much depth to the movement and controls of that game, and it has a pick-up/play ability rpgs can't really match. Its rough edges (weird control decisions, not enough/too easy bosses, some illogical item locations/progressions) ultimately are just enough to hold it back against Square's masterpiece.
Capcom vs SNK 2 advocate

User Info: Zenoth

Zenoth
2 months ago#10
Super Metroid for me. It's a virtually-perfect game.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Nintendo
  3. SNES "Best Games" Showdown 2