• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sega CD
  3. White Lines/Flickering on Bottom of Screen. Advice?

User Info: ollicehunter

ollicehunter
2 years ago#1
I have my Sega CD hooked up to an HDTV with HD Retrovision cables from Castlemania games.

I have the screen stretched to full, but the problem happens either way. There is a slight flicker/white lines on the bottom of the screen. This is more apparent in games with a lot of black background like Snatcher. I didn't notice it as much with something more colorful like Popful Mail. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks!

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
1 year ago#2
I have all my system's hooked up to a hd TV. The only system I sometimes have the problem with is the NES, but it is usually on the sides. I have no idea how to fix it, I just ignore it.
I own a Tandy, 2600, NES,GB,SNES,VB,N64,GBC,GBA,NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,
SMS,SG,GG,SCD,S32x,SS,SDC, PS1,PS2,PS3,PSV,PS4,PS5,XBox,360,XO and a PC

User Info: ollicehunter

ollicehunter
1 year ago#3
I actually found that if I put the screen on Wide Zoom mode, the flickering/white lines go away. I don't have to do this on any system other than the Sega CD, that being said.

User Info: Blaqthourne

Blaqthourne
1 year ago#4
I've used my Model 1, CDX, and X'Eye on my HDTV and have not seen what you are seeing. Mine are hooked up with the standard composite cables through a switch box.

User Info: moleman2084

moleman2084
1 year ago#5
What model sega cd are you using? And are you using all the rf shields that go in between the cd unit and the genesis?

I have a model 2 sega cd and it didn't come with all of the rf shield pieces... I had the big shield, but I had to handcraft the two smaller shield bits that make the complete shield connection.
Before I realized what they were and that they were missing, when I had the system running, there was very noticable interference happening on screen.
I don't use any hdmi cables, just standard composite on an old crt television.
Eat, Sleep, Game, Repeat
  1. Boards
  2. Sega CD
  3. White Lines/Flickering on Bottom of Screen. Advice?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Sega CD on Sega Saturn? General1 Answer
Sega CDX broken power cable ? General3 Answers