• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sega CD
  3. Which Model Sega CD System Should I Buy?

User Info: ollicehunter

ollicehunter
2 years ago#1
So I'm coming out the other side of collecting the games I want for the Sega Saturn. Most of them very rare/expensive.

Thankfully the Sega CD has only two games I want (that I'm aware of), and I just bought one of them! Popful Mail. The other one is Snatcher.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of research into Sega CD software but not so much hardware. Which model system should I buy? Also, it's worth saying that I play on a 40'' Sony HDTV, which my Saturn is hooked up to. Looks great with component cables from Castlemania Games!

Thanks for any suggestions! Willing to take additional game suggestions too!
(message deleted)

ollicehunter
2 years ago#3
Many thanks! I have heard of Dark Wizard, but never played it/watched gameplay videos. What strategy rpg would you compare it to? That's a genre I can get into, but I wouldn't consider it one of my favorites.

I picked up a top loading Sega CD and Genesis Model 2 the other day. Sega CD games I already have are:

Popful Mail (playing now)

Snatcher, Keio Flying Squadron (burned copies from Etsy, hehe)

Others I may be interested in are Earthworm Jim Special Edition, Robo Aleste, etc, etc. Not really interested in too many Genesis games, I was more of a SNES kid, but I do want Castlevania Bloodlines at some point.
(message deleted)

User Info: Maximothelad

Maximothelad
1 year ago#5
All of them. I have Gen 1 and i Love it. Out of memory though.....so .... yeah. I Have shoes

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
1 year ago#6
I have the second one. But imo the first looks better. But, Luckily mine still works.
I own a Tandy, 2600, NES,GB,SNES,VB,N64,GBC,GBA,NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,
SMS,SG,GG,SCD,S32x,SS,SDC, PS1,PS2,PS3,PSV,PS4,PS5,XBox,360,XO and a PC
I would sell the model 2 Sega cd and buy a model 1. They are a bit of a pain to get going need caps/belts/ fuses replaced but once those are fixed then that model will work for many years to come. The model 2 was made to be cheap and it feels like it. The model 2 can even scratch games. My copy of snatcher suffered from minor scuffs due to my model 2 I used to have.
As for games
Lunar silver star and eternal blue (they are very different from the ps1 versions)
Mickey mania- the Sega CD port has more levels and is the best version
Mad dog McCree it's not a very good game but still can be fun to laugh at
Vay it's another working designs game
Cobra the space adventure it's also a visual novel like snatcher
Sonic CD
Rise of the dragon it's also a graphic adventure game
The terminator
Chuck rock 2 son of Chuck
Dungeon explorer
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 year ago#8
@ollicehunter how do you like it so far? been thinking of getting one myself....
---

ollicehunter
1 year ago#9
I think if there are Genesis AND Sega CD games that appeal to you, it might be worth picking up. The only games I have (but LOVE) are Keio Flying Squadron (which prompted me to pick up the sequel on Saturn), Snatcher (another LOVE) and Castlevania Bloodlines.
  1. Boards
  2. Sega CD
  3. Which Model Sega CD System Should I Buy?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Sega CD on Sega Saturn? General1 Answer
Sega CDX broken power cable ? General3 Answers