SD Card Reader for Sega Saturn

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sega Saturn
  3. SD Card Reader for Sega Saturn

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#21
gameofyou posted...

The only drawback is that you need a stack of CDs, as opposed to having everything on an SD card, which is much more convenient.

There's a site that sells repros for systems like the Saturn and their pretty cheap. The SD card mod is too hard to find and expensive.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: Frozenx07

Frozenx07
1 month ago#22
I'm hoping the SD mod becomes more available. Then I can dive into the Saturn library. I've never played it. :(

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#23
Frozenx07 posted...
I'm hoping the SD mod becomes more available. Then I can dive into the Saturn library. I've never played it. :(

This site sells repros for cheap:

https://videogamereproductions.com/collections/sega-saturn-reproduction-games

Just buy an Action Replay 3-to-1 cart flashed with Pseudo Saturn and you're good to go.

User Info: gameofyou

gameofyou
1 month ago#24
^ I’m surprised they can get away with that. Doesn’t seem legal.

Anyway, I have originals of all the Saturn games I want. I would only use Pseudo Saturn for fan translations, unreleased protos, & stuff like that.

The nice thing about an sd solution, though, is that I will still be able to play my collection when the Saturn motor/laser fails.
Sega Saturn USB DataLink - http://www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com
http://www.gamingenterprisesinc.com/temp/TrumpWins.gif

User Info: Manticore

Manticore
1 month ago#25
Frozenx07 posted...

Play it on an emulator.
GameFAQs lurker/poster since the early 2000s

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#26
gameofyou posted...
I’m surprised they can get away with that. Doesn’t seem legal

Repros are sold on Ebay too. Some even on Amazon. Plus, mods barely bother with dead boards. Sometimes it's justified with retro games as they often are very expensive online especially with the insane prices of many Saturn games.

Manticore posted...

Play it on an emulator.

I don't think there's a perfect Saturn emulator. They all have some problems. Getting an Action Replay cart flashed with Pseudo Saturn or installing the universal modchip is the best solution. You'll be able to play imports or backups of all of those insanely priced Saturn games with no problems.

User Info: Manticore

Manticore
1 month ago#27
SSF is a very good emulator with compatibility for most games. I don't know much about the Psuedo mod but it sounds like it could be a possibility for TC.
GameFAQs lurker/poster since the early 2000s

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#28
Manticore posted...
SSF is a very good emulator with compatibility for most games. I don't know much about the Psuedo mod but it sounds like it could be a possibility for TC.

If you buy an Action Replay 3-to-1 cart that has been flashed with Psuedo Saturn (you can flash it yourself if you know how) then you need literally nothing else. It'll play 95% of the Saturn's library with no problems including backups without having to install the universal modchip or perform the dangerous disc swap trick.
(message deleted)

User Info: jojopellegrino

jojopellegrino
1 month ago#30
Vegeta1000 posted...
Manticore posted...

If you buy an Action Replay 3-to-1 cart that has been flashed with Psuedo Saturn (you can flash it yourself if you know how) then you need literally nothing else. It'll play 95% of the Saturn's library with no problems including backups without having to install the universal modchip or perform the dangerous disc swap trick.

Question: the answer is probably 'No' but do you know if when using this Psuedo Saturn it will allow for Sega CD backups to be played on the Saturn?
Recanize a real don when ya see one
  1. Boards
  2. Sega Saturn
  3. SD Card Reader for Sega Saturn

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived