• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 64
  3. How would you rank the Nintendo consoles

User Info: darth_brett

darth_brett
1 month ago#91
1 - SNES (A+)
2 - NES (A)
3 - N64 (A-)
4 - GC (B+)
4 - Wii (B-)
5 - WiiU (C)

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
1 month ago#92
  1. SNES
  2. NES
  3. N64
  4. GCN
  5. Switch
  6. Wii
  7. Wii U
"Nothing's non-fat, that's why the world is going to explode one day."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: wingsofsatan

wingsofsatan
1 month ago#93
SNES
Gamecube
NES
Wii
Wii U
N64
Virtual Boy

Assuming we aren't counting the VB as a handheld.
You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

User Info: csungradpiano

csungradpiano
1 month ago#94
Compelling
Fistful of Writing: Amazon's Kindle Direct Publyishing
Fora f ew Zoobooks more. The Dog the Cat and the diggernauting yards pointlessly to invisibly beau

User Info: Sonicplys

Sonicplys
1 month ago#95
1. SNES
2. NES
3. Wii
4. Switch
5. N64
6. Wii U
7. GameCube

SF Giants, SF 49ers, GS Warriors, SJ Sharks.
The 2010 to 2022 Game of the Decade: Greatest game of all time/ever made: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate AKA Smash 4.8

User Info: GeOstyle

GeOstyle
1 month ago#96
I think after NES and SNES is hard for me. I mean those 2 are Nintendo's best work.
Hhhmmmmmm....🤔
Idk
SNES
NES
Wii
Gamecube
Wii u

It was all about me.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#97
I always wonder how many people who put the Wii U at the bottom do so because they've never tried it. Yes, the library is small, but the quality is pretty good, and it plays well.

This is really hard, and because all consoles do different things and have different pros and cons, it's like comparing apples and steak.

N64 - These first three are so close to tied. The N64 edges it out a little because it still impresses me today with some of the quality content. The resolution just keeps it down a little, and the muddiness and dullness of colours in some cases, though that may not have been the console's fault in all cases. I don't mind the cartridges (who needs FMV when you can have real time cinematics generated by the engine). I also don't hate the controller. I appreciate it's divisive however, and I wish the analogue stick was better.

SNES - Such a great system. The colours were bright and crisp, mode 7 blew my little mind as a child, and the sound quality was great. IMO much better than the Megadrive/Genesis, though that's a taste thing. And the Megadrive had some great music regardless, so I'm not totally putting that console down).

NES - My first console, really my first video game system at all of my own. Playing games on the NES Classic with HDMI makes me realise how beautiful these old abstract graphics could be. Developers worked magic here, and though the games are often quite simple by today's standards, there is some real gold to be found in the library.
I'm tempted to move this above the SNES, but that might just be my nostalgia goggles telling me to do so...

Wii U - I love this console. They again experimented with controls, but with a more subtle result than the Wii's motion controls. Many of the games are classics, and yes many of them are now on the Switch too, but I cannot comment on how they ported over, as I've not got a Switch yet. I feel it's a reasonable assumption however that they don't feel the same as the controls will be different, lacking a dual screen. Some games didn't do a lot with that, but some did, so there will necessarily be a difference there. I can understand people not bothering with a Wii U now as a result of the ports to the Switch, but I still enjoy my system, and it's nice to play Wii games with HDMI.
It also has a great virtual console with lots of fantastic games, a tonne of cool indie games, and beautiful HD graphics. The fact you can play on the controller without using the main display can be very handy.

3DS - I am ranking this above the DS mainly because I'm one of those that love the 3D effect. I also think the sound chip is better, and the graphics in general are better. Add to that the fact that it is backwards compatible with the DS gives it that extra push. It also has a good VC, though I've not done a lot with it.

GC - This is a great system with a few good games...but to be honest, not a lot of games that really leap out at me. I don't want to judge it just on the library, however. The graphics look great for the time in the best games, and at least average in the less great games. The controller is amazing.

Wii - I love this console, but of course apart from the backwards compatibility with the GC, this is pretty much replaced with the Wii U, as it upscales the graphics. The controls of course were divisive...long time gamers felt they were "gimicky", which is a bit of a shame, as Nintendo was at least experimenting and trying new things. There were games that used them well, and games that didn't...but I could say that for every console and control scheme.
For my money, the motion controls made actions feel more visceral, and I quite liked that aspect.

GBA - A tiny, over-powered SNES in my hands? or even a weak PS1 at times? Yes please. I still play it these days, and value the backwards compatibility with GB/C. It has a huge library, and the highlight for me is all the Final Fantasy games. It's also fun to play Doom on for a few minutes of blasting. I just wish it had more buttons!

DS - A great portable console. I remember getting mine, and how excited I was. The lack of region locking was also phenomenal. Of course, this has been replaced by the 3DS in every way, so while I valued this system, it no longer ranks as highly IMO.

GBC - Kinda superseded by the GBA, but still a fun little console with great battery life. It just really needed to be backlit.

Virtual Boy - This could have been a lot of fun, and in fact I did enjoy playing my friend's. What dragged it down was the position you had to sit at, and the RED. I get it, it's cheaper, but it's so oppressive.

GB - A great little portable console, but I feel it's been replaced by GBC and GBA...but of course it has a very important place in history which cannot be ignored.

GB
Now playing: Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA), No More Heroes (Wii), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Pikmin (Wii)

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
4 weeks ago#98
The lack of regional locking with the DS is unfortunately limited to the original model and the DS Lite. The DSi is region-locked, and any DSi game can only be played on a matching DSi or on a pre-DSi system.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#99
Aussie2B posted...
The lack of regional locking with the DS is unfortunately limited to the original model and the DS Lite. The DSi is region-locked, and any DSi game can only be played on a matching DSi or on a pre-DSi system.
That's a shame, but it's still good there was a fair number of games you could buy, along with for GB and GBA. Last time I was in NA I licked up a few games at a game shop, it was fun being able to do that.
Now playing: Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA), No More Heroes (Wii), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Pikmin (Wii)

User Info: mikey_205

mikey_205
3 weeks ago#100
1. Gamecube
2. SNES
3. N64
4. Switch
5. Wii U
6. Wii

Never owned an NES.

The Gamecube and SNES had the best third party support for contemporary games. Switch has plenty but its mostly old stuff and runs it inferior.

Ironically the Wii has my all time fave Mario galaxy games and I like Skyward Sword but not much else.
Pokemon X FC 4940-6875-7569
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 64
  3. How would you rank the Nintendo consoles
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A