You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NES
  3. Happy Father's Day To All Who Started With The NES!

User Info: Way2Cool4U

Way2Cool4U
4 weeks ago#1
Happy Fathers Day to all the fortunate father gamers who played this system back in the day with their ol'man!

Just think, if the "father" of video games of Nintendo never kicked back the hobby into what it is today, what would the game landscape be?
Evil has many faces. Good has many more...

User Info: Mover_of_Zigs

Mover_of_Zigs
4 weeks ago#2
My dad never played the vidya games, but I grew up on the NES and now I play games with my kids
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.

User Info: Supersoldier105

Supersoldier105
4 weeks ago#3
The gaming landscape would be everyone would be using Commodore computers and they would still be around.

That is where gaming went when the gaming crash of 83 happened, people went to home computers like the Commodore 64.

Simple. Nintendo didn't save gaming. THEY NEVER DID NOR EVER WILL.

That is a lie that needs to stop right now.
COLECOVISION MASTER RACE
PSN- CF-105

Mover_of_Zigs
4 weeks ago#4
Well, everyone I knew as a kid had an NES. I never even knew the Commodore 64 existed until I was older, and still haven't actually seen one in person.
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Supersoldier105

Supersoldier105
3 weeks ago#5
Well, everyone I knew as a kid had an NES. I never even knew the Commodore 64 existed until I was older, and still haven't actually seen one in person.

That is because the NES came out and took over in North America.
Still the C64 was popular here just not as much as it was in Europe.

But like I said, if the NES never came out, people would be gaming on the C64, the Amiga, Atari computer lines. Everyone had moved to computers for a while, then moved back to consoles with the NES.
COLECOVISION MASTER RACE
PSN- CF-105

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
3 weeks ago#6
Way2Cool4U posted...
Happy Fathers Day to all the fortunate father gamers who played this system back in the day with their ol'man!

Just think, if the "father" of video games of Nintendo never kicked back the hobby into what it is today, what would the game landscape be?

i'd like to thank "father" of video games of Nintendo -----

satoru iwata...On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.

stan lee said it best and it fits iwata--"You know...one man can make a difference"....and iwata did. HE made a very BIG difference
You know...one man can make a difference and With great power comes great responsiblity....WHY??? BECAUSE STAN LEE said so--R.I.P Stan the man Lee--1922-2018
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Way2Cool4U

Way2Cool4U
3 weeks ago#7
SS4kronos33 posted...
Way2Cool4U posted...

i'd like to thank "father" of video games of Nintendo -----

satoru iwata...On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.

stan lee said it best and it fits iwata--"You know...one man can make a difference"....and iwata did. HE made a very BIG difference

Those are good reminders for every single one of us that we as individuals can make a difference. No matter how big or small.

Supersoldier105 posted...
The gaming landscape would be everyone would be using Commodore computers and they would still be around.

That is where gaming went when the gaming crash of 83 happened, people went to home computers like the Commodore 64.

Simple. Nintendo didn't save gaming. THEY NEVER DID NOR EVER WILL.

That is a lie that needs to stop right now.

While it may be true of what you said of the commodore computer being everybody's second go to after the crash. There is no denying the "IMPACT" the company of Nintendo had on the industry. So in the hearts of many (as well as myself) Nintendo reigns supreme.

And the true glory of this statement, is one that is of my own on my own free will... I will never force others to think the way I do. I am myself and I like it that way.
Evil has many faces. Good has many more...

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 weeks ago#8
I started with the woodgrain Atari 2600. I liked the NES far more thou.
I was a Nintendo(NES), Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis kid mostly.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Mover_of_Zigs
3 weeks ago#9
ArcFan10000 posted...
woodgrain

There's a disturbing lack of wood grain in modern gaming.
I should get some wood grain decals and pimp my NES Classic
  1. Boards
  2. NES
  3. Happy Father's Day To All Who Started With The NES!