You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NES
  3. NES Games You Consider Perfect

User Info: mbd42

mbd42
2 weeks ago#81
Black_Crusher posted...
retroid34 posted...
mrmtmn posted...
King Fu (unless someone could convince me otherwise)

The game would be even better with a U letter.

Edit: on topic, Tetris, it's the only game I could consider perfect.
SMB3 is great and all, and there are no obvious flaws from the top of my head, but perfect ? nope

I could be wrong but I've read Tetris has a serious bug in it where it's impossible to go past a certain level.

Level 29 is generally considered the kill screen because it's so fast. But a few players such as Joseph Saelee can play beyond that using the hypertapping method to get pieces over. Hypertapping is where you rapidly press the directional button over 10 times per second. Usually players just hold the directional button to get pieces over but that's not fast enough at the highest speeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdihJjpWSrY

User Info: mbd42

mbd42
2 weeks ago#82
The only thing about Nintendo Tetris is that the rng hates you. It's not uncommon to go 30 pieces or more without getting a long piece which is ridiculous. It's all part of the challenge though.

User Info: GeOstyle

GeOstyle
2 weeks ago#83
ZoqFotPik posted...
Da Dood posted...
I don’t think there are any perfect games on NES (or any system, I guess). I know these topics are just a fun exercise anyway, so don’t get me wrong.
Agreed with all the posters that have said "perfection" is impossible to attain. SMB3 is a pinnacle of NES games, but fan-mods have made it even "more perfect" than it already is.

Hardcore Tetris fans cite advantages to Nintendo's Tetris in terms of timing when dropping blocks. "Speed-runs" of Tengen Tetris show how players build an "artificial plateau" to increase drop speeds so they can hit 999,990 faster.

The most "complete" game I think is either going to be Super Mario Bros. 3; after that, it's the huge sandbox River City Ransom provides (or the sequel Technos Samurai if you like a linear plot), the Smash Bros.-like Kakutou Densetsu, the 3-quest G.I. Joe, Fire 'n Ice (with a Polaroid to save your maps), the original Zelda (1st quest), and the port of Maniac Mansion.

Huge fan of the kunio kun series. I played that samurai version along with all the others on nes....well emulator! XD
It was all about me.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 week ago#84
Blaster Master is a fun game, but it isnt perfect, its kinda difficult
if you dont know the bugs and glitches scattered throughout the game.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
6 days ago#85
mbd42 posted...
The only thing about Nintendo Tetris is that the rng hates you. It's not uncommon to go 30 pieces or more without getting a long piece which is ridiculous. It's all part of the challenge though.

Ever hear of Bastard Tetris? Not sure if they can still call itself that (the Tetris corporation is rather litigious), but It's a freeware version where the AI scans and finds the least useful/most un-Tetris-making piece for your next 5 pieces.
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
6 days ago#86
I know nobody wants to hear it, or even believe it, but there are quite several that I always come back to.

Startropics 2
Zelda 2
SMB3
Clash at Demonhead
Wrath of the Black Manta
Ducktales 1
Chip n Dale 1

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
6 days ago#87
Bsw1982 posted...
I know nobody wants to hear it, or even believe it, but there are quite several that I always come back to.

Startropics 2
Zelda 2
SMB3
Clash at Demonhead
Wrath of the Black Manta
Ducktales 1
Chip n Dale 1

HELL yeah.
I AM ERROR.

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
5 days ago#88
My dad picked this up for me on his way home from work, just a random buy, said he had a surprise out in the truck, id have to finish my homework and dinner before I could have it. The game I thought was awesome, got all the way to the end and never could back then, figure out how to defeat the last boss. There was no internet for help or anyone I knew who had this game. You can forget asking to call the Nintendo hotline cost money.

Mario 3 and excitebike should have had save features. I mean Zelda did..
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. NES
  3. NES Games You Consider Perfect