You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NES
  3. Top 100 NES Games of All Time (Complete Final Standings + commentary)

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
9 years ago#11
Castlevania 3 ranked below Super Tecmo Bowl and Metroid? Le gasp!
Currently playing: MKWii, Final Fantasy Zz (my NES hack), Zelda 2 (NES)
MKW FC: 5456-6092-6685 (main), 3824-7295-6329 (kart alt), 3008-3903-0633 (2nd alt)

User Info: RT_55J

RT_55J
9 years ago#12
Looking back at the list I made, if I were to change anything, I'd probably shove Batman in there, replace MM5 with MM4, and shuffle around the order (Metal Storm's novelty has worn off for me). Other than that, I think I made pretty good choices.
Webster has more defining power than Sony, mirite? - GTGD

User Info: MaynardRules

MaynardRules
9 years ago#13
I legit want this stickied.

Also, that list of voters really brings back the memories.

User Info: Hermit_Crab

Hermit_Crab
9 years ago#14
Wow, can't believe how long this topic has been going on, even moreso that I'd been here even well before it started, wish I could remember when I had started on Gamefaqs back with my first username HermitCrab, heck, I can't even recall what games I voted for way back then, but am pretty sure they were some oddball lesser known titles.

While I never used nor needed this top 100 NES list, I think it was an excellent idea and still a very valuable tool for the NES community in general, afterall it was all of us that got together and contributed to it, and created what is considered to be the best of what this console has to offer. I'm with MaynardRules on this, this final topic definitely needs to be stickied, its a great asset and needs not to disappear. And, it really is awesome to see all those usernames.
http://www.nintendoage.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/MistressClawful
I'm kind of sad that it is over with because it lasted so long. Eight years is a freaking eternity in terms of the internet. I just want to thank you elprincipe for keeping it going all this time and giving the whole NES community a valuable tool for building up collections.

I can say personally this list was extremely important to me when I got back into NES games recently and I needed to know what was good. I actually knew about this list through searching about the greatest NES games on google before I knew about gamefaqs.com itself lol. I second that this topic become a sticky as it is a priceless resource at this point.
Hi guys sorry I had to post the last 8 times, couldn't resist.
Boston Celtics fan for life.
Championships so far: 17

User Info: elprincipe

elprincipe
9 years ago#17
Thanks ButtonMasher. I never thought it would last this long when it started. It was fun doing it, but it did take a fair bit of time and I don't have much extra time nowadays. In any case, we got a very good number of people to contribute already.

I'll post more data later (#1 votes, etc.).
In memoriam RVW Jr.
Now, social control requires population termination.

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
9 years ago#18
Hmm, I guess I didn't vote after all, oh well. It wouldn't have made much difference.

I'm kind of surprised that MTPO placed quite as high as it did. I would not have guessed 4th for it.
Brawl FC - 0301 9482 5952 MK FC - 2363 6025 1498 Excitebots FC 1204 5607 2824
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat classic games!

User Info: jls403

jls403
9 years ago#19
One of the greatest topics on the board. Definitely needs stickied. Thanks for all of the hard work!
users.ign.com/collection/punkarse

User Info: The President

The President
9 years ago#20
Kind of amazing to think that I was one of the first voters ever for this list as megotobathroom.
Forums.404daily.com-Join Today!
  1. Boards
  2. NES
  3. Top 100 NES Games of All Time (Complete Final Standings + commentary)