• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. The most popular sonic game (Sega Genesis Only)

User Info: damin

damin
2 months ago#1
What was the the most popular sonic game on the sega genesis

Sonic 3 & knuckles is my favorite

User Info: StevenPendleton

StevenPendleton
2 months ago#2
Sonic 1 sold the best, so I imagine it was that one, even if 2, 3, &K, and 3&K are better.

User Info: desassina

desassina
2 months ago#3
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the game that people had to buy in case it was not packed-in and it offered two player split screen gameplay. It's not the best game either, but some people list it as such, which speaks for its popularity.
How's that origami kiss?
It's two fold.

User Info: pedro45

pedro45
2 months ago#4
Wait, are we voting favorite or what we thought was most popular?
I'm very used to hearing about sonic 2, almost always praise at its basic improvements.
I hear great things about later releases, but I think it's usually just discussion more than anything about the history of the third sonic game.
My favorite maybe spinball for just some laid back gaming

User Info: Zenoth

Zenoth
1 month ago#5
Most popular was 2, my favorite was 3.

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
1 month ago#6
My favorite has always been Sonic 3 with Knuckles.
I own a Tandy, 2600, NES,GB,SNES,VB,N64,GBC,GBA,NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,
SMS,SG,GG,SCD,S32x,SS,SDC, PS1,PS2,PS3,PSV,PS4,PS5,XBox,360,XO and a PC

User Info: M1dnightRider

M1dnightRider
1 month ago#7
I don't know, because I've only seen internet opinion, which is 2. 1 was the most successful, so you'd have to believe the one most people actually had was the most popular.

3 & Knuckles is my personal favorite. You can say what you want about how other games compare to the individual halves, but once you put them together, I truly believe there isn't a better platformer in the whole of the pixel cartridge era. I mean, what else gives you 3 distinctively different characters, with their own unique abilities that help them find secrets and alternate paths that the others aren't as likely to come across? Massive sprawling stages, 5 super modes, hidden final boss for a true ending(Sonic only), and it even has a save feature if you don't have an afternoon to spare.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
1 month ago#8
Sonic 3 and Knuckles, the 32 meg Epic was great!
PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776,Nintendo Switch ID: SW-1308-8511-0330
Most Played: NES,Super NES, Wii,Nintendo Switch,Playstation 3,Xbox 360,Xbox One,PC

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#9
S2
---

User Info: badboy

badboy
1 month ago#10
3&K of course
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. The most popular sonic game (Sega Genesis Only)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A