• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. why has the mega cd got such a bad rep

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
3 weeks ago#71
We get it Spiff. You wanted Sega CD money to go to the Genesis. You don't need to repeat it for the fifth f***ing time.
30 reviews and up on 8 systems.

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
3 weeks ago#72
sull56ivan2010 posted...
We get it Spiff. You wanted Sega CD money to go to the Genesis. You don't need to repeat it for the fifth f***ing time.

Why are you so bothered by my opinion? Do you dry hump the SCD or something?

User Info: wesker05

wesker05
3 weeks ago#73
Pc engine was a good system its us version is what suffered with most of the games not released over there we in the uk never even got it

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
3 weeks ago#74
spiffyone posted...
sull56ivan2010 posted...

Why repeat it over and over? We get it. And that's disgusting, you freak.
30 reviews and up on 8 systems.

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
3 weeks ago#75
sull56ivan2010 posted...
spiffyone posted...
sull56ivan2010 posted...

Why repeat it over and over? We get it.

Context is a thing that exists. My post was in response to specific questions asked by Blaqthorne.

If that bothers you, that’s on you.

And that's disgusting, you freak.

Yes, it is. You should stop doing it.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
2 weeks ago#76
sull56ivan2010 posted...
@guy12345

Understand this. This has nothing to do with rivalry. I've played a lot of Nintendo. A lot more in the last 15 years than when I was a kid when I had a Game Boy Color. What I get sick of is the revisionist history Nintendo homers make when it comes to gaming. If you want to look at my game collection on this site, you can see I have a bit of Nintendo systems and games. Just because I can't stand a fanbase, doesn't mean I don't have or play that company's systems and games.

YouTube personalities don't help and it makes others shun non-Nintendo stuff. And it leaves me with worry that other Sega systems, PlayStation in general and other systems from others are not going to get the same love.

Nah, there is a huge hatred towards Nintendo and overhyped love for SEGA consoles. I see far more people who say SNES failed and sucked compared to Megadrive. Go on to a video uh 'showcasing' an awful port of Starfox to the Megadrive. The comments are ridiculous and I never see anything like this for Nintendo.

As if this is an actual war.

And why are you bringing PlayStation into this, as if their systems get no love? Pathetic.

I love BOTH Mega Drive and SNES. You love the Genesis and think the SNES is neat.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
2 weeks ago#77
bruplex posted...
The problem was that Sega heavily promoted their worst games, while pretty-good-to-excellent games were left in the dark.

That about hits the nail on the head. There were plenty of games with traditional gameplay, but they undeniably focused the marketing on the FMV games in the West, banking on them as the future of gaming, which obviously didn't pan out.

And even when you get to the games with traditional gameplay, many of them didn't seem like anything you couldn't do on cart, if you just go with sprite cutscenes rather than FMV and FM synth rather than redbook audio. Not that FMV, voice acting, and redbook music aren't nice perks, but people weren't necessarily inclined to buy an expensive add-on if they thought that was all they were getting out of it. They'd sooner wait for the next-gen systems and experience a bigger leap.

There's also the fact there are fewer than 150 US Sega CD games. The selection just wasn't as extensive compared to the regular Genesis, SNES, NES, etc. Furthermore, if you're trying to buy Sega CD games these days, it's mostly the bad games that are common and cheap. The good games went under the radar and had small print runs, so secondhand prices are a little nutty.

So I can see why many people would have a negative outlook on the Sega CD. It wasn't necessarily a good buy when it was new, and coming to it late has its challenges. I was lucky enough to get one (well, more than one) when the demand was relatively low and built a semi-decent library on the cheap. Though many good games have eluded me and probably forever will because I refuse to pay the going prices, especially given the age of these discs and the threat of disc rot.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"
Hate the game, not the technology; the Sega CD also had some great games that used FMV to excellent effect. Silpheed ran FMV as a background layer to show 3D effects beyond what could be generated on the spot. Jurassic Park had some FMV room transitions that are still pretty cool to watch today.
Xbox Gamertag/Steam ID: bluegunstarhero
Switch Friend Code: SW-3162-2628-3227

User Info: KingMikeX

KingMikeX
2 weeks ago#79
I've tried Silpheed and while yes, the FMV background effect is cool, it does make it harder to tell what is an obstacle to avoid and what is the background. If that could have been fixed, yes it would be amazing.

User Info: GeOstyle

GeOstyle
2 days ago#80
Whatever, I'd take Sega's add ons over Nintendo's crappy disc systems anyday. So bad and useless the add ons never made it outside of Japan.
Annnnnnnnnnnd......btw what's this "source?"all about ? Is that a thing now?
It was all about me.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. why has the mega cd got such a bad rep
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers