• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. Sega mini going to sell out?

User Info: nehukog

nehukog
2 months ago#1
Was planning on picking up a sega mini but life hit me with a few bills that were more than I was expecting, so may be another month before I can get the genesis mini. I am worried that this will be like the NES and SNES classic and sell out within a week. Is this on track to do that?

User Info: 2001mark

2001mark
2 months ago#2
Not planning to buy it myself, I've seen them still available via amazon.ca.

NES & SNES Classics were never available retail, only third parties. I lucked into my NES mini via BestBuy refresh lottery - another screen & they were gone. SNES mini I went ebay because when in Rome.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
2 months ago#3
For what its worth, I saw a couple in a Target the day after release. Don't know whether two units means "everything else sold already" or "they only received two".

User Info: etransit

etransit
2 months ago#4
Up here in Edmonton (Canada), the five closest Best Buy locations are still reading as in stock. I walked in at 6 PM on launch day and they had about 20 on display. I imagine they are selling, but at nowhere near the rate the Nintendo products did!

User Info: The_Ecstatic329

The_Ecstatic329
2 months ago#5
I don't think so, I was at 2 wal marts yesterday (I'm in Canada). One had 6 left and the other had 14. They have placed them conveninetly beside the 2 other sega classics so it looks super saturated.

User Info: noidentity

noidentity
2 months ago#6
2001mark posted...
Not planning to buy it myself, I've seen them still available via amazon.ca.

NES & SNES Classics were never available retail, only third parties. I lucked into my NES mini via BestBuy refresh lottery - another screen & they were gone. SNES mini I went ebay because when in Rome.

Um yes they were on retail.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
2 months ago#7
Are the Retro-Bit 6 button controllers in stock at stores yet?
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: ShaolinAced

ShaolinAced
2 months ago#8
Sol out in every Walmart and best buy and Ebay games I went to. Wasn't really looking but just casually asked if they had any.
GT: EAZYACE Psn: EAZYACE8

User Info: Blaqthourne

Blaqthourne
2 months ago#9
I get the feeling that there will be enough to stay on store shelves for a while. I picked mine up this past Saturday at my local WalMart.

2001mark posted...
NES & SNES Classics were never available retail, only third parties.

I bought both at my local WalMart. NES was on the second run, while SNES was on the first run (was there a second run?).
Montreal Expos (1969-2004)
http://www.backloggery.com/Blaqthourne Now playing: Fire Emblem (GBA) -- started 9/25/2019

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
2 months ago#10
The SNES never got a second run, its first run was just extended. And yeah, I absolutely saw both SNES and NES Classics in retail, though the NES only in the second run.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. Sega mini going to sell out?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers