• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. looks like Europe is getting the shaft again with their mega drive mini

User Info: KingMikeX

KingMikeX
2 months ago#31
Sketcz posted...
>
So for example, with Alisia Dragoon, there are 3 regions of ROM dump out "in the wild":
Alisia Dragoon (Europe) - 596 Ko
Alisia Dragoon (Japan) - 597 Ko
Alisia Dragoon (USA) - 596 Ko

Both US/EU are 596kb. But there are regional differences between the US and EU versions:
https://tcrf.net/Alisia_Dragoon

TCRF is a good place to check regional differences.

So... I guess boot up the game, level skip to the end, see the credits, and make a note of if Takahiro Okano and Satoshi Uesaka are listed.

At this point, I'm basically just waiting to hack the **** out of this thing and correct these problems.

The ROM is not 596KB. ROMs come in even sizes. The ROMs will each be 1MB most likely.
596KB is the size of a zip file containing a ROM.

User Info: creep50

creep50
1 month ago#32
is it safe to say that in the korean menu that if the game is not in japanese it's the 'american' version? like with 'Landstalker'

i know that 'story of thor' is not 'beyond oasis' but is that the exception.. which version is that anyway? the euro version?

should i just stick to the 'chinese' 'beyond oasis' version?

also i know for a fact that there are more then a single version of 'virtual fighter' since if you pick it from the 'korean' menu, you will get the 'genesis' logo (but mega drive logo on the 'english/german' menu)
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. looks like Europe is getting the shaft again with their mega drive mini
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers