• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. Worst Sega Genesis games you have ever played?

User Info: ShaolinAced

ShaolinAced
3 months ago#41
I originally defended bubsy but I went to go play it again and realised I sold it so I retracted my statement. Sold most of the games I hate aside ones that hold sentimental value. But It is playable. And if you can find enjoyment out of it, all the power to you.
GT: EAZYACE Psn: EAZYACE8

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#42
I did not enjoy Eternal Champions, and would much rather play Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
3 months ago#43
Batman Forever, that 10% finished beta of MK Mythologies Sub-Zero.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: KingMikeX

KingMikeX
3 months ago#44
ShaolinAced posted...
You know this has been bothering me. As much as I think bubsy and awesome possum are playable. You cannot say you actually enjoy playing them unless youre a kid in the 90s with nothing else to play. They are horrible games now and pretty much always were. Throw aero the acrobat 1 in there with them as well. Sorry uffbulle. Xperts is bad too with no redeemable qualities at all and believe it or not I enjoyed pit fighter.

I liked Aero the Acrobat (or at least I had the SNES version as a kid). It might be unforgiving with too many Battletoads-inspired gimmick levels.
I only played the GBA version a tiny bit to see it added a save function but the controls were kind of slippery and it seemed like they didn't alter the level design to account for the lower resolution.

User Info: EnvyFox

EnvyFox
3 months ago#45
One of the easiest questions I ever had to answer. The worst Genesis game I've ever played is also quite possibly the worst game I own period. That game is Instruments of Chaos starring Young Indiana Jones. I bought the game in December of 2015 and it was so bad that it inspired me to create a thread on another site less than one month later called "Video Game Regrets" and have my first post in it be all about ripping the game a new one. The post itself was super lengthy so here's just a small part of the full thing.

"Sweet cream on an ice cream sandwich! I own 50+ Sega Genesis games, both good and bad, and Instruments of Chaos is the absolute worst game in the entire collection by far. Worse than Fighting Masters. Worse than Wolverine: Adamantium Rage. Where to begin? Let's start with the enemies. Young Mr. Jones moves pretty fast, but his enemies are even faster. Too fast, in fact. You'll be lucky to tag them once before they tag you multiple times because did I mention you have NO post-damage invulnerability? Hope you enjoy having half of your health drained by a tiny snake. And you know what? Even that probably wouldn't have been a big deal if you had the means to defend yourself well, but uh oh! Someone thought it would be fun to force you to control the whip like you would a real whip! Better reel that slow ass whip back before sending it forward or else no damaging the super quick birds for you! It's useless. Completely useless. And sure you also have a gun and grenades on hand and they do a better job at taking down threats, but you have limited ammo on both and, once they're gone, it's back to good ol' whippy for you. The title screen with the blimp on fire is actually pretty cool, but the stages themselves are a bore to look at and an absolute mess when it comes to level design. Top it off with bland background music and you have the greatest video game ever on Opposite Day."

Yeah... did not care for it at all. Still don't. Avoid Instruments of Chaos like the bubonic plague. Dishonorable mentions go to Wolverine: Adamantium Rage and Jurassic Park (yeah I think this game sucks big time, too). Not Fighting Masters, though. I've since gained a soft spot for that game.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: ShaolinAced

ShaolinAced
3 months ago#46
None of you beat the raft stage as a kid did you?

You got to play as a Raptor. A Raptor!

Yes my nostalgia goggles for that game are pretty thick.
GT: EAZYACE Psn: EAZYACE8

User Info: EnvyFox

EnvyFox
3 months ago#47
ShaolinAced posted...
None of you beat the raft stage as a kid did you?

You got to play as a Raptor. A Raptor!

Yes my nostalgia goggles for that game are pretty thick.

Actually, I did but called it quits at the pump station level right after. Playing as the raptor was exciting at first simply because I wasn't expecting it to be an option but it simply wasn't enough for me to enjoy the game. I'd rather play the SNES version even with it's laggy first person segments.

Oh and I forgot to add Barney's Hide and Seek Game to the dishonorable mentions. No it being for "little kids" isn't a good excuse. The game had a few games aimed at toddlers amd very young kids that I could see myself enjoying at that age like Ecco Jr. and The Berenstain Bears: Camping Adventure but, even as a gigantic Barney fan as a toddler, I would have known Hide and Seek Game was trash and most likely would have gone back to Sonic 2 almost immediately.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#48
Rise of the Robots was a terrible game and im releved we did not get an arcade version.
Favs: Star Ocean, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: sockesocke

sockesocke
3 months ago#49
sword of sodan no contest. heavy nova or other disliked games are good in comparision.
maidenkanada:
wtf is a goat simulator is that like a blow doll but a goat for those religious people that live in the desert and blow stuff up

User Info: Wewillrocku

Wewillrocku
3 months ago#50
several of the platformers were really bad because of stiff controls or awkward jumping when all you can do is jump
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. Worst Sega Genesis games you have ever played?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers