• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. Worst Sega Genesis games you have ever played?

User Info: uffbulle

uffbulle
4 months ago#31
GeOstyle posted...
All you had to lay on the ground and wait for the CPU to come over to you. Then launch them in the air with your legs. XD

Yeah there were some cheap attacks in the sidescrolling levels.

I remember the fighting being decent in 2-player at least.
http://minirevver.weebly.com - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, guides and more.
https://platformadventure.weebly.com/ - Platform adventure/metroidvania guide
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: looked

looked
4 months ago#32
GeOstyle posted...
looked posted...
I had Last Battle as a kid too, and I always liked it. I played it enough to get pretty good, at it, to be able to go through the dungeons by memory, and eventually be able to beat it. I think it is a rewarding experience based on the difficulty. I agree that the walking speed is too sluggish, but it’s not as bad powered up, and in the dungeon where you can do that long jump. Also he kick when not powered up has terrible range.

I couldn’t disagree more about the music though, I think it’s iconic. The ending song is probably the best, but most people never get to hear it.

The only time I was disappointed was when I learned about the Japanese version. It would’ve been much better as Fist of the North Star, than the generic game that it is. I really hope someone finishes translating the Japanese version.

Nooooo fist of the north star is still crap. Except its unedited. Everyone you hit the head explodes in a bloody fountain. Other that that the game still plays like crap.
Now black belt for Sega master system is a different story.
Originally a fist of the north star game, when Sega brought it to the USA the game was improved.

Keep in mind I’m someone that already enjoys the game the way it is, so having it unedited and licensed would make a difference to me.

However, in the translation thread the guy mentioned that he improved the walking speed and it made the game feel more like master system game, so if the patch ever gets complete it may be worth it for people who don’t like Last Battle

User Info: KingMikeX

KingMikeX
4 months ago#33
If a license-based game is not fun, I don't see how having something as superficial as a license would improve it unless there was actually gameplay changes.

I mean, like is somehow the first Ranma SNES fighter better than Street Combat, or does playing Street Combat just expose how clunky the gameplay in Ranma was? Not huge into fighters, but I recall playing the second (the one officially localized) was still clunky and only by the third did they seem to get into playable territory.

User Info: looked

looked
4 months ago#34
KingMikeX posted...
If a license-based game is not fun, I don't see how having something as superficial as a license would improve it unless there was actually gameplay changes.

I mean, like is somehow the first Ranma SNES fighter better than Street Combat, or does playing Street Combat just expose how clunky the gameplay in Ranma was? Not huge into fighters, but I recall playing the second (the one officially localized) was still clunky and only by the third did they seem to get into playable territory.

I was talking about the improved walking speed being worth checking out for non fans. It seems like the sluggish movement is one of the most common complaints, so if it’s done well it could be potentially game changing. He also mentioned possibly changing the damage to make the game easier, so yes there would be gameplay changes.

User Info: ToastyPOP

ToastyPOP
4 months ago#35
Awesome Possum is just about bottom-of-the-barrel when it comes to bad sonic clones. It makes Bubsy look pretty damn competent...
--Sci-Fi-Lo-Fi--

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
4 months ago#36
Probably those pack in arcade ports they wanna keep including on those sega collections as unlockable games. Those arent any good. To me, the official starting of games started with the first three Sonics. Sonic 2 being the best of the series. Then Toe Jam and Earl 2 were good. Streets of Rage etc. Other than that, there werent very many that stuck out.

User Info: ShaolinAced

ShaolinAced
4 months ago#37
Spiderman and x men
Fantasia
Batman forever
Toxic crusaders

Those are games that pissed me off. Theres about 100 s***ty games on the system that I didnt care for. I couldnt tell you offhand by referance because I sold off a whole lot of them a few months ago but your kidding yourself if you dont think the list is huge. I played every single game. And as much as I love the genesis library there is tons of crap. But you can say that for any system.
GT: EAZYACE Psn: EAZYACE8

ShaolinAced
4 months ago#38
With that said. Some may be bad but the worst games on the system? You know how many flight sims, tank battle and sports games are on here?
uffbulle posted...
Dark Castle
Sword of Sodan
Back to the Future Part III
X-Perts
Hard Drivin' - Decent with overclocking though
Batman Forever
Toxic Crusader
Ballz 3D
Bubsy 2
Awesome Possum
Phantasy Star III
Super Thunder Blade
Fantasia
Pagemaster
Cyborg Justice
Primal Rage
Bubsy
Batman Returns
Revolution X
Double Dragon 3: The Arcade Game
Pit-Fighter
Home Alone 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Barney's Hide and Seek
Double Dragon II: The Revenge - Good OST though
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
Super Hydlide
Jurassic Park - I know some like this, but I don't see it.

I found Shaq-Fu playable and not that bad looking at least, even if it's below average.

Dark Castle - yes
Sword of Sodan - nah
Back to the Future Part III - nah
X-Perts - close
Hard Drivin' - nah
Batman Forever - yup
Toxic Crusader - yes
Ballz 3D - nah
Bubsy 2 - I can play it
Awesome Possum - playable
Phantasy Star III - nah
Super Thunder Blade - nah
Fantasia - f***ing yes
Pagemaster - close for me but honestly yeah
Cyborg Justice - yes
Primal Rage - sadly yup as a kid I would have liked it.
Bubsy - nah
Batman Returns - lol defiantly not
Revolution X - yup
Double Dragon 3: The Arcade Game - nah
Pit-Fighter - nah
Home Alone 2 - nah
Virtua Fighter 2 - nah
Barney's Hide and Seek - sure
Double Dragon II: The Revenge - No
The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants - nah
Super Hydlide - nah
Jurassic Park - youre kidding right?
(edited 4 months ago)

ShaolinAced
3 months ago#39
You know this has been bothering me. As much as I think bubsy and awesome possum are playable. You cannot say you actually enjoy playing them unless youre a kid in the 90s with nothing else to play. They are horrible games now and pretty much always were. Throw aero the acrobat 1 in there with them as well. Sorry uffbulle. Xperts is bad too with no redeemable qualities at all and believe it or not I enjoyed pit fighter.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: GeOstyle

GeOstyle
3 months ago#40
ShaolinAced posted...
You know this has been bothering me. As much as I think bubsy and awesome possum are playable. You cannot say you actually enjoy playing them unless youre a kid in the 90s with nothing else to play. They are horrible games now and pretty much always were. Throw aero the acrobat 1 in there with them as well. Sorry uffbulle. Xperts is bad too with no redeemable qualities at all and believe it or not I enjoyed pit fighter.

Amen to Busby. I really enjoy the game. If Busby is really one of the worst games you played then you have not played much. Aero
I can't stand aero the acrobat. And double dragon 2 ost sucks as much as the game. I know I own it.
It was all about me.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. Worst Sega Genesis games you have ever played?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers