• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. so how are the games on the upcoming genesis mini

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
4 months ago#21
SS4kronos33 posted...
lets just say it in a classic sense.......

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT !!!!!

all the games are solid as hell.....every last one of them'

Too bad it took Sega 4 tries to get it right;

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61b6NxmH1rL._AC_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51d2Rq-QE3L._AC_SX430_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71QnDS7YWUL._AC_.jpg

Nintendo got it right the 1st time.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: Wewillrocku

Wewillrocku
4 months ago#22
how did nintendo get it right when their classic systems have a sound delay of like half a second?

User Info: creep50

creep50
4 months ago#23
Wewillrocku posted...
how did nintendo get it right when their classic systems have a sound delay of like half a second?

the snes mini dosn't
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4

User Info: AttackUp

AttackUp
4 months ago#24
creep50 posted...
Wewillrocku posted...

the snes mini dosn't

Yeah, I don't notice any sound delay on mine either. If there is any it's definitely not half a second. More like .02 or something
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.

User Info: GenerationX-Men

GenerationX-Men
4 months ago#25
On the bright side, several past failures at a Genesis Mini have provided Sega with lots of experience.
With great responsibility comes great power.

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
4 months ago#26
I was about to say something snarky about "lesson learned: don't hire AtGames", but then it occurred to me: that isn't actually an unfair statement.

Things Sega probably has learned from the history of AtGames devices:

1. Quality actually does matter. AtGames Sega devices sold for crap, while the Nintendo minis sold great. Clearly there is an audience that cares about the quality, and will buy or encourage the buying of retro minis that are good.

2. AtGames included cartridge play, and it still sold poorly. This most likely means the audience doesn't care about this feature. Not that no one wants to play old cartridges, but the audience for that feature also wants things like "99% accurate emulation", and other such premium features.

3. Library count doesn't matter, library quality matters. Padded libraries didn't help AtGames, and they probably won't help anyone else. Even casual consumers care about the number of *real* games.

User Info: DreTam2000

DreTam2000
4 months ago#27
metaphysician posted...
My theory? Simply replacing the music isn't enough, because one of the original contracts was poorly written, and assigned royalties or payment of some kind to the game without quite explicitly tying it to the inclusion of said music. So, even if they removed and replaced the music, the owner of the original music *might* still have grounds for a lawsuit. Or at least, enough grounds to make it a credible threat, that Sega just doesn't want to deal with.

I almost understood what I read there, even if I couldn't quite. That can't be the case. In a court of law, the moment the musician argues his involvement, it would be pretty difficult to convince a judge to assess the product with the portions featuring the musician's contributions excluded from the rerelease. It is common to dissect contribution percentages, despite the twist in this case being the poorly assembled contract. Sega definitely should win such a case, so I think it's more like you said - that they just would rather not deal with it.

User Info: AttackUp

AttackUp
4 months ago#28
No matter what the contract says I think it's pretty obvious Sega and the Jackson family are not on good terms or this would have been settled years ago
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.
  1. Boards
  2. Genesis
  3. so how are the games on the upcoming genesis mini
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers