This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PS4/PS5 Controllers on PC - Having some issues.

User Info: Dark Gunner

Dark Gunner
3 months ago#1
So I have both a PS4 and PS5 controller I've been trying to use on my gaming laptop here. Usually it's about... 6 feet away from me plugged into the TV through HDMI and I use the controllers to game. It's an MSI laptop, running windows 10. It works flawlessly plugged in but when I try to go wireless I seem to have issues and I'm trying to figure out why. I've tried it both with Bluetooth and with a Mayflash Pro S adapter, and while the adapter does seem to work better I just had this same issue that I'd seen in the bluetooth. It basically goes like this:

Play for an hours or 2, and suddenly the controller acts like it's disconnecting, inputs with get wonky (for example, the character will continue to go up even if I'm trying to use the analog to make them turn) and I have to reset the laptop to get it working again.

I originally thought the bluetooth might be janky in the laptop so that's why I got the adapter which admittedly does work better but again, I just had the same issue with the adapter. Any advice on some things I can troubleshoot to see why this happens?
Mario Maker 2: SteveKoopa: ID 6K7-PR2-TWG
Smash Ultimate Mains: Samus, Lucas, Joker

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#2
I get this issue temporarily when using a DS4 via Bluetooth. What helps for me is to use a Bluetooth dongle on an extension cable to reduce interference from my case. The DS4 seems to have a worse connection over Bluetooth than the DS3 though which is one of several reasons why I prefer to use a DS3. Haven't tried a DS5.

Anyway. Maybe an extension cable will help for your adapter?

User Info: Acidic__Thought

Acidic__Thought
3 months ago#3
I had the same issue with the DS4 years ago. I just said screw it and went back to 360/X1 controllers.
Switched to a laptop for the Army | MSI GE76 Raider | i9-11980HK | 32GB RAM | 165W 3080 | 1TB, 2TB NVME SSDs | Acer 34" 180hz Ultrawide at home

Dark Gunner
3 months ago#4
I will need to test this more tonight but I had a potential theory going that maybe there was too much wifi interference. The laptop also had wireless mouse, keyboard and headphones going as well. I will need to use the headphones but there's no need for the mouse and keyboard while I'm gaming so I might just need to unplug that dongle. I'll test it more tonight and see.

User Info: Dragoonend

Dragoonend
3 months ago#5
I've had the same issues with DS4 for years, it would randomly disconnect on me and reconnect. It got annoying to me so I went and bought a bluetooth 5.0 dongle (my old one was 4.0) and it seemed to have helped a little bit but it still randomly disconnected on me. So I switched to the DS5 and I haven't had this issue again.

It seems like the DS4 in general (especially DS4 v2) just has bad bluetooth connection.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 months ago#6
tbh it doesn't make sense unless somehow the ps4 has some magic that makes it connect to the ds4 better since i've been able to flawlessly play ps4 games with the console itself being 8-10ft away in another room and a closed door between us.

haven't tried ds4 on PC tho since i'm still on my trusty ds3

Dark Gunner
3 months ago#7
The weird part is I played for hours using the same dongle on the switch without any issues so it's weirdly PC related. Which leads me again to wonder if it's an interference thing with the wireless keyboard mouse and headset. Gonna disconnect the mouse and keyboard tonight and see.

Dark Gunner
3 months ago#8
As an update, still had that issue. Basically once an hour or so. Tried it again with the headphones turned off and it might be working since I has no issues on a bit over am hour but that leaves me without a good way to hear anything so... We will see. I'll need to test more tomorrow.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PS4/PS5 Controllers on PC - Having some issues.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A