This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How significantly do you think Steam Deck will impact 3rd party sales on Switch?

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
3 months ago#21
I dont know how representative I am but ......if I had the choice Id pick up an inferior Switch version over a steam/deck version (aside from digital only releases)

I kinda like to collect/hoard retail games and Im sure there are others like me.

Also a kid recieving a Switch game in a box is more exciting than recieving steam credit......but saying that kids tend to be more knowlegeable these day and more open to digial games.

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 months ago#22
Kogepan posted...
I dont know how representative I am but ......if I had the choice Id pick up an inferior Switch version over a steam/deck version (aside from digital only releases)

I kinda like to collect/hoard retail games and Im sure there are others like me.

Also a kid recieving a Switch game in a box is more exciting than recieving steam credit......but saying that kids tend to be more knowlegeable these day and more open to digial games.

I can't see many kids owning a Steam Deck, let alone getting Steam gift cards.

Nintendo certainly has the brand recognition and the shelf space at retailers. The Deck will remain niche as long as it is only sold through a single online retailer that requires an account.

Console wars are dumb
Aliens, Alan Wake, Overwatch (PC) Cold War, Far Cry 6 (PS5) Back 4 Blood, Avengers (Series X) Ring Fit, Crysis 3, Overwatch (Switch)

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 months ago#23
The impact on Nintendo in any form will be near nonexistent regardless of how well the Steam Deck fares. Almost none of the actual reasons to buy a Switch change at all going forward.
I can dance on my own grave, thank you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How significantly do you think Steam Deck will impact 3rd party sales on Switch?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A