This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone have a liquid cooled Alienware?

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#11
what was better in the 386/486 era?
If music be the food of love play on Give me excess of it that surfeiting The Appetite may sicken and so die
You ain't worth my love if you only love to hate me

User Info: iPr0kkaFTW

iPr0kkaFTW
1 month ago#12
Bunch of haters. I've had my Aurora R6 since 2017 that I paid for less than $1,300 for an Intel Core i7-7th Gen, 16GB of RAM, 2TB HDD with 128GB SSD, and GTX 1080 Ti. Still holds up really, really well with no issues.

There shouldn't be any problems buying an Alienware.

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
1 month ago#13
A lot of the issues people cite always seem to be from their earlier/base machines. Always makes it difficult to get straight answers from people who actually own them and have experience with them before the topic descends into “Booo Dell!”

The biggest complaint has always been that they are overpriced but over here in the UK they are actually one of the cheapest pre-built a available if you want a 3080/90 in there.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#14
overpriced, poor support, notoriously poor airflow, awful aesthetics...
If music be the food of love play on Give me excess of it that surfeiting The Appetite may sicken and so die
You ain't worth my love if you only love to hate me

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 month ago#15
Bought mine a month ago, stellar performance and whisper quiet
MGM Studios isn't SpieIberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storyteIIers are who make great stories, not companies.

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
1 month ago#16
CarbonButtflap posted...
Bought mine a month ago, stellar performance and whisper quiet

Good to hear! What spec?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
1 month ago#17
2021 people still buy pc's? Sorry to hear that
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
1 month ago#18
I'm on my second alienware aurora. Last was a r7 and it 8700 and 1080ti, to this day still works perfect and I moved it to my theater room. Got a r12, works great. I9 11900kf 3090 in it, had hiccups but firmware fixed the 11900kf bsod issues. I will say the r12 is incredibly loud, I use headphones so I don't care. If you do price one out ask dell chat for coupons or deals, they knocked $800 off the price for mine. Noise is a issue but I saw some just replace their cpu cooler with a bigger one.
Ps4/x1/pc

User Info: iPr0kkaFTW

iPr0kkaFTW
1 month ago#19
The only problem I had with my Aurora R6 was that I chose my OS to be installed on the SSD but whoever setup my rig at Dell installed on the HDD. But whatever.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone have a liquid cooled Alienware?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A