This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to stream, but mouse gets disabled when I turn on Gamepad?

User Info: TheLazyClown

TheLazyClown
1 month ago#1
I scheduled to stream this game at noon. This will be my second time streaming Genshin Impact. However, I do have one problem. I play on Gamepad. I use the Xbox controller with wireless adapter. I also have a dual monitor set up. I usually stream games on the Switch and have no issues using my capture card. However, using just OBS (not StreamLabs) for my streaming of games on PC, I keep noticing that my mouse would be disabled the moment I turn on gamepad. Can I bypass this because I use the second screen for looking at my analytics on Youtube and the other screen for the game itself (not playing through the OBS screen)

I really need to use my mouse outside of my game on the second screen. Any health would be appreciative. Thank you.
Physical media will always be the superior medium for gaming and movies.
If you're complaining about the Switch's online, buy the LAN adapter.

TheLazyClown
4 weeks ago#2
bump

User Info: NeoMasamune

NeoMasamune
4 weeks ago#3
Are you running the game in a window? iirc Genshin Impact only allows full screen or windowed, with no option for borderless window.
formerly known as Neo Vejiita

TheLazyClown
4 weeks ago#4
NeoMasamune posted...
Are you running the game in a window? iirc Genshin Impact only allows full screen or windowed, with no option for borderless window.
Yes. So I run it on full screen. Should it be windowed?

NeoMasamune
4 weeks ago#5
TheLazyClown posted...
Yes. So I run it on full screen. Should it be windowed?

Yes. Any time you are multitasking across monitors the game should be in windowed or borderless window.

Genshin kills the mouse when using a controller, and when it is full screen it takes priority over everything.

TheLazyClown
4 weeks ago#6
NeoMasamune posted...
Yes. Any time you are multitasking across monitors the game should be in windowed or borderless window.

Genshin kills the mouse when using a controller, and when it is full screen it takes priority over everything.
I will give it a try on this stream them. Or at least try to play through OBS. Thank you for the suggestion! Does this go for Steam as well??? @NeoMasamune

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
4 weeks ago#7
what mobo are you running???
if its amd am4 x570/b550 then you might have usb issues

NeoMasamune
4 weeks ago#8
TheLazyClown posted...
I will give it a try on this stream them. Or at least try to play through OBS. Thank you for the suggestion! Does this go for Steam as well??? @NeoMasamune

It is generally best practice to do this with all games if you plan on using a second monitor at the same time.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to stream, but mouse gets disabled when I turn on Gamepad?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A