This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is a rip off if you think about it

User Info: zinezinzadan

zinezinzadan
1 month ago#21
Skyrazer posted...
It's really only GPUs that have outstripped inflation (Turing hike from nVidia + mining craze seemed to have made a permanent impact on GPU prices). Everything else has either trended or even gone down against inflation.

I would agree with this. RAM prices and storage prices have radically fallen. CPU prices have been obliterated. You can buy a 16 core Zen 2 CPU for $500 on Ebay lmao. That is hilariously cheap. There was a time when 4 core were routinely $350. Most parts are much cheaper now than they were 5-10 years ago. GPU's are the sole item that has skyrocketed in price. PSU's did as well but it is temporary so I will not bother listing it. In reality it's about even as years past. Some things are cheaper, some things are more expensive. It evens out.
I like backwards compatibility.

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#22
The price of high-end GPUs is primarily due to lack of competition and inelastic demand. No amount of GPU price hiking will make the enthusiasts change their minds - after all, these are the people who think that a 3080 is a "mid-range" card.

Consoles are not the same thing since they actually have to compete in prices, much like low-end and mid-range GPUs.
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started 4/23/2010!

User Info: NeoMasamune

NeoMasamune
1 month ago#23
You heard it here folks, the 3070 is one of the worst cards you can get performance wise :P
formerly known as Neo Vejiita

User Info: Alex197

Alex197
1 month ago#24
A rip off is subjective. Gaming is my primary hobby - since covid, it's basically my only hobby.

I work to live, not the other way round.

I think the 3090 is a rip off, but I bought the 3080 and others probably think that is too.

With PC, the more you put into it, the better it gets. There's diminishing returns, of course, but most people buying at the.high end know that but want it anyway.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#25
Shame, isn't it TC?

Shame...

SHAME, I say.
Just to clarify, we don't speak Spanish here in Brazil.
And no, Spanish and Portuguese are not "the same language with minor differences". --

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#26
What I find interesting here is that even though I'm probably one of the most poor guys here, I don't find PC gaming a rip-off.

And I've been gaming primarily on PC since 1989.

Just to clarify, we don't speak Spanish here in Brazil.
And no, Spanish and Portuguese are not "the same language with minor differences". --

User Info: Solhdier

Solhdier
1 month ago#27
Fortunately gaming is only a part of a PC so its not like I'm investing just for games.
Mexican ? Block

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#28
MarceloSampaio posted...
What I find interesting here is that even though I'm probably one of the most poor guys here, I don't find PC gaming a rip-off.

And I've been gaming primarily on PC since 1989.
That's almost as long as me
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: FinalFantasyIV

FinalFantasyIV
1 month ago#29
Fade2black001 posted...
Look at TC's name... He is a complete and utter joke. He is a troll pay him no mind at all

Trumper tears lmao
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/0/2/7/28027_front.jpg

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
1 month ago#30
You people always take the bait.

Always.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is a rip off if you think about it
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A