This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is a rip off if you think about it

User Info: TRUMPisGONE

TRUMPisGONE
1 month ago#1
At the beginning of the last console generation, $550 would get you a 980 (one of the best cards possible) while $400 would get you a new console. This generation, that same $550 will only get you a 3070 (one of the worst cards you can get performance wise and the lack of VRAM will make it obsolete next year). You can still get a brand new console for $400; all digital though.

As for online passes... they're always on sale for $30 per year which is a tiny price to pay to keep out the hackers that PC has to deal with.

And with that said... I told y'all AMD would do a paper launch just like Nvidia.

User Info: Pepys Monster

Pepys Monster
1 month ago#2
If you want better performance, you pay more. That's what it boils down to.
GOML

User Info: squall567

squall567
1 month ago#3
According to TC's logic, a Ferrari is a ripoff compared to a Toyota.

User Info: QuestofChosen

QuestofChosen
1 month ago#4
The gtx 980 didn't exist at the start of the previous console generation.

User Info: zinezinzadan

zinezinzadan
1 month ago#5
TRUMPisGONE posted...
which is a tiny price to pay to keep out the hackers that PC has to deal with.

How often do you experience hackers on PC? I own PC and Xbox. I play all multiplayer online games like COD and HALO & GTA on my Xbox because all my friends are on console. I play all my single player games like Witcher on PC. So my experience is only on console online, hackers are virtually non existent on Xbox.

I ask this because someone else on this website said a while ago that their online experience is ruined on PC because of hackers and I always wondered just how prevalent cheaters are on PC. Because I'm very competitive, so hackers would completely piss me off when playing COD and having a dude shoot me through walls. Or playing GTA and having dudes with god mode all over the map.
I like backwards compatibility.

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
1 month ago#6
I run into hackers.
But its kinda rare.

Usually its smurfs or players that had their rank taken away.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 month ago#7
Just by the title of the thread....can tell that the more pressing question is waffles or pancakes?
What is freedom?

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#8
Inflation is a thing man. Just look at prices (like, for most kinds of goods) from 20-30 years ago. It'll look crazy cheap compared to today, but most stuff is (roughly) proportionately the same.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H / Gigabyte 2070 Super / 32GB Corsair 3200 DDR4 / Samsung EVO 970 Plus 1TB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD /Corsair CX650M

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#9
Look at TC's name... He is a complete and utter joke. He is a troll pay him no mind at all
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
1 month ago#10
Fade2black001 posted...
Look at TC's name... He is a complete and utter joke. He is a troll pay him no mind at all
Indeed, you're also paying more for digital games on Console (No DRM free option), paying to play online, no ability to change parts, can't use keyboard and mouse, can't mod your games and games are now being censored on console.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is a rip off if you think about it
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A